Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Get coronavirus support as an extremely vulnerable person

Get coronavirus support as an extremely vulnerable person

Thanks beau.

I've registered.

I'm OK at the moment and can get to the shops if/when needed (if they are open and I have any money left), but who knows what the situation may be in a couple of weeks?
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

I've registered hubby as he has cancer and hope that his cover will help me too. Of the two of us he is the most vulnerable.

I'd register for yourself as well, the help provided may expand to other areas later.

I wasn't too sure myself having not (yet?) had any NHS letter or contact, but it tells you there that if you are not sure then register anyway.

Doing the registration it looks that my cardic arrest a couple of years ago does put me at high risk.

I saw a general rule of thumb somewhere that said that if it had been recommended that you have the yearly flu jab then you are also high risk for corona.
    Last edited by nukecad; 24-03-20 at 13:54.

Just registered myself now.
    Did get a call yesterday from GP's surgery checking I was okay so to me that means I am high risk.

Most of the members here will be high risk so really need to register. I know that there are many on their own with no support mechanism in place during "normal" times never mind now.

Does this only apply to people in England, I put no (because I live in Wales) and said only for people in England?

Look below the England script on the site, 3 links
    "This service is available in England. If you do not live in England, there’s guidance for:
    Northern Ireland
    Scotland
    Wales"

Does anybody know how this is going to work?

I mean, who provides the help?, and if they bring a food box, what is in it. We don't or cannot all eat the same, I don't want to waste it.

I really don't know how it will work, I am just waiting to see what happens after our registration.
    I suspect help will come in the form of volunteers.

I also believe that at the moment it's all the volunteers that the have just recruited.

What they say the volunteers will be doing is exactly the same as what they say this support will be.
    Doing shopping for you (you still pay), telephone checks and chats, transport if you need it.
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...rus-volunteer/

Although I also suspect that it will be expanded as needed as things go on, if it comes to a case of delivering food parcels and the like.

You may also find it being used as a convinent checkpoint elsewhere, eg. 'Are you on the vulnerable register? Then you qualify for XYZ help'