Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Get coronavirus support as an extremely vulnerable person

Hi Nuke, I guess 2 weeks inside can be the norm for most people on sickness benefits. Flour so you can cook well, that's good to hear. Strange times we're in I guess they will forget about us for now, have you heard they're asking people to sign D.N.R forms if you have bad illnesses..?

Hope you got some beers in too Nuke, if you get stuck I would gladly send you stuff.

Automated phone call from Sainsburys saying I'm now recognised as a vulnerable customer I will see slots to book & I can book one delivery a week

Quote Originally Posted by beau View Post
    hubby eats it until it comes out of his ears
    Yep, I'm a cheese monster too (all cheeses except for parmesan which smells/tastes like sweaty socks).
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Quote Originally Posted by TimeLord View Post
    Hope you got some beers in too Nuke, if you get stuck I would gladly send you stuff.
    Got ten cans of Fosters, but that's not real beer so I haven't touched it yet.

Samuel Smiths Sovereign is my normal brew, but the pubs are shut and they don't do it in cans - because it wouldn't be the same.
    https://www.samuelsmithsbrewery.co.u...ereign-bitter/

I like London Pride, Spitfire or Bishops Finger. But if I have to have the main brands it's fosters or Budweiser. I don't recall your favourite beer might be a regional brewery.

Nukecad, have you ever tried Flying Herbert from the NY Brewery?
    https://www.nybrewery.co.uk/
    You may well be able to get it in your area.

One of my favourite but can't get it here.

Quote Originally Posted by TimeLord View Post
    I don't recall your favourite beer might be a regional brewery.
    It's brewed in Tadcaster, Yorkshire, and they send a dray over here once a fortnight, it's a bit of a trip for them.

As far as we are aware my local is one of only 3 pubs in Cumbria that sells it, one in Kendal, one in Penrith, and ours.
    (The Legion here also used to sell it until six months ago but stopped for some reason).

Small/medium sized brewers must also be struggling more than usual with the pub closures.

You have me thinking of shire horses now, when I was a kid, it was a regular sight to see, I think the last brewery stables near me ended in the early 90's. Even most pub trapdoor were sealed shut because of EU rules sad really.

Chris Whitty just said in tonight's update that a second wave of letters are going out telling people that they are in the extreme vulnerable group to self isolate for 12 weeks this is also made up of GP's & doctors that have flagged up people who would be very ill because of a illness or group of illnesses that would not of been flagged up with the small group of illnesses criteria that was the first round of letters

I had to phone my GP's on Monday because I've got Conjunctivitis I get it two or three times a year & a Nurse practitioner called me back & prescribed drops in the conversation she asked if I was on any immune suppressant drugs because of another illness I have which I said I was but it is a low dose as I can't tolerate the full dose & she said that's why I get these eye infections because my immune system is knocked down

Today I get a letter from my GP's saying the NHS has seen me as being an extremely vulnerable person who if got Covid 19 I could become very unwell. I knew that anyway & the letter was dated Monday the day I called & spoke to the nurse practitioner so it's come from speaking to her.

It gives me the gov website to put my details in or a phone number to call if I am having trouble getting food or medication I can get food from Sainsburys every week & someone collects my prescriptions through the local covid 19 support group so not sure if I should fill in my details or not my instinct is telling me not to as I can get both at the mo.

Not sure though