Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Get coronavirus support as an extremely vulnerable person

For those that want a delivery, but don't want to spend 40 pounds, the co op now delivers, within 2 hrs from ordering, and you only need to spend 15 pounds.
    Delivery charges vary but start at 49p.
    I have used a few times now and been very impressed

The shielding advise has changed slightly because of the new covid 19 alert levels. On this link it say's what you should do if you are in the Medium, High or Very High level. On the news they said you may need to go into complete shielding again I.E not going out if you are in the Very High level but if that happens you will be sent a letter. Here's the link:

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...-from-covid-19

Hubby will expect the letter then. Hope it is not too confusing.
    He is the only driver so he does need to take me to appointments but he stays in the car. Actually I think this way is safer than me using taxis to get where I need to go.
    Some of my appointments are about 35 miles away from home, taxi not affordable in any case.

It's a bit confusing I'm not surprised!.

On the very high it does not say to completely shield I.E not go out. On the news they said that the Government does not want people to strictly shield again but they might have to, if that happens then you will get a letter. It would of made better sense for that bit to be added officially on the very high level section on the gov website

I think, under the present circumstances the way ahead is to use common sense to protect yourself as much as possible and not to take unnecessary risks.
    If the population had done that all along then there would have been no need for these further measures.
    At the end of the day a warning was given that there would be a further spike unless folk adhered to the rules.

Unfortunately that has happened, it won't happen to me syndrome. Complacency has a lot to answer for.

And sheer pig ignorance.

We are stuffed because the only weapon against covid 19 is human behaviour apart from a couple of drugs that seem to help some people.