Thread: raised height toilet pans

raised height toilet pans

As my aches and pains increase I installed a new toilet but with an added height to increase the seat height by 40mm or 1 1/2" which does not sound a lot but does help a lot. These pans are becoming more common and can be found in many catalogs from plumbers merchants saving the expense of disability shops who do know how to charge.
    Fitting is as straight forward as a normal toilet but it does help with my morning lack of mobility, every other toilet now feels to low.

Yes you are right. These toilet seats are much more comfortable. I discovered this not so long ago. Our plumbing shops have almost no disability theme, so information is hard to find in the public domain. My oldest daughter lives in Canada and sent me a link to a catalog of medical products, check that. There is generally a large section on safety in the bathroom. I'm wondering if there is something similar in our country on one site? Maybe I just don't know how to look for it (( Have you been choosing your option for a long time?

There are several places that advertise on the internet for either Toilets for Disabled or raised Height Toilets. You can also buy a Raised Height Toilet from AMAZON, they have a few listed.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/disabled-to...dc&ref=a9_sc_1
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
    Edgar Allen Poe