Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New LHA rates.

Quote Originally Posted by worried33 View Post
    If LHA rates were "always" used for HB even before UC, then this would explain why I didnt know this as the shelter site didnt used to say that.
    The LHA rates have been with us as a pilot since November 2003 and were rolled out to the whole country in 2008, well before UC.
    https://publications.parliament.uk/p.../235/23504.htm
    They were then also applied to UC-HE when that came in.

Every benefit advice site I visited, simply didnt mention HB as if it didnt exist anymore unless for council tenants.
    Yes, quite a few of them act as if (some) legacy benefits no longer exist, if mentioned at all they will probably be mentioned as an aside or in a footnote.
    (I tend to avoid sites that ignore legacy benefits altogether, what else are they ignoring?).
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Thanks Nukecad, much appreciated

im one of the lucky ones the goverment didnt want to icrease my UC or LHA but im £23pcm better off with LHA , and around £90pcm a month UC ..
    although the goverment keep announcing how much money is being made available i doubt much of that will actually get spent if life returns to normal in june..
    the big looser in this covid k9 thing is the high street , debenhams first to go under and a few more will follow , thousands of small shops will go under as people stick to shopping online

Is the £20 UC increase for "all" UC claimants druid? So you should get it?

Is the £20 UC increase for "all" UC claimants druid? So you should get it?
    yes the basic rate is going up for one year as the people who most benefit from it should all be back in work by then worried.

ok so I just got confused by this statement thats all, which suggested you didnt get the increase.

im one of the lucky ones the goverment didnt want to icrease my UC or LHA

ok so I just got confused by this statement thats all, which suggested you didnt get the increase.
    No what I ment was, when the government gave UC claiments an increase they didn't intend it for people like me because although I'm on UC I'm classed as long term sick not one of the recent claiments, I was on ESA/SG for years but when I moved I had to switch to UC/LWCRA so that's why im lucky in getting the increase.