Thread: Coronavirus/Bbenefits - New webpage.

Coronavirus/Bbenefits - New webpage.

There is a new webpage for information on benefits and C-19, it covers all benefits not just UC.

It will be updated as/when things change.

https://www.understandinguniversalcr...k/coronavirus/
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Hi nukecad, thanks for posting.

I've got to apply for universal credit tomorrow and it says "

If you apply for Universal Credit you will need to make an appointment for your new claim interview.
    This interview will take place by telephone with a work coach. You will be given the number to call to book this appointment
    when you have submitted your claim."

I've got anxiety disorder and I find it very difficult talking to strangers. If I can I avoid talking on the phone.
    I've got a fit note and was wondering will I still have to talk to a work coach?

Thanks.

Yes, you are going to have to talk to someone to make a new claim, or have someone with you who can talk to them.

If someone else is going to talk for you then you have to give permission at the time and have to be there with them.

At the moment once you have made a new UC claim you can book the apointment on your journal rather than ringing them, but the appointment itself will be a telephone call - they will ring you.

You could try explaining your anxieties/difficulty on the journal when you book the appointment, but I don't know what else they can do at the moment.

EDIT- Things are changing fast, they are getting too many calls and can't cope.

So they are now saying that they are putting a note on your journal saying that you don't have to book an appointment and that they will automatically phone anyone who makes a new claim.

As your claim is already made then I'd check your journal, it may say that there is no need to make an appointment, if it doesn't say that then ask for an appointment on your journal rather than phoning them.
    Last edited by nukecad; 31-03-20 at 13:27.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Thank you nukecad. It's good to know that someone can speak on my behalf.