Thread: Pip done by paper/telephone

Pip done by paper/telephone

Has anyone actually had the paper based/telephone assessment for pip,just curious,and if so what did it entail thanks in advance ?

I did over a year ago. PIP was due for reassessment & I received a phone call out of the blue. The lady said who she was & would I mind answering a few questions ?
    This lady was most pleasent & a delight to chat to, I got the impression she was trying to help me the way she asked questions almost telling me what I shoud say in my answer.
    That assessment was a hundred times better that my previous f2f assessment wher the assessor lied through her teeth.
    Paper based assessments every time would be great at least many people would not suffer the pressure of the assessment so much.
    Call me Mike.

Hi,

My daughter wasn't due for a PIP review until March/April this year (a year earlier than the date mentioned on the entitlement letter), but back in October 2019, they wrote to her stating that they don't need to do a face-to-face assessment as they had all the information and allowed her PIP and bother Enhanced rates for at least another 10 years.

Hi.

I had a telephone assessment it took an hour and 15 minutes to complete. I found it quite stressful as the lady on the phone keep repeating herself as if she was trying to catch me out , I did ask why she keep repeating herself and all she said was just answer the questions, which I replied I have answered your questions but why do you feel the need to keep reapeating yourself . she said if I dontlike it then I could hang up

You would be within your right to say the question is already answered on repeat questions.

Quote Originally Posted by worried33 View Post
    You would be within your right to say the question is already answered on repeat questions.
    Or you could say what they say in parliament "I refer the hounarble lady to the answer I gave previously"

Hi,

Can you be found fit to work with the telephone or paper based assessments?

Thank you

For paper I would normally say no, if they decide there is not enough evidence to give an award on paper then f2f gets arranged.

But under this situation, things may change. I expect though, for paper if not enough evidence they then arrange phone assessment, and the phone assessment might rule people fit for work.

This thread was about PIP not ESA, but fair enough.

They haven't changed the law on ESA awards, only the practical process on carrying out work capability assessments.

I'd have to try and make sense of the legislation to see if that can also apply to telephone assessments as well as F2F's.
    But I'd say it seems likely that a FFW decision could be made following a telephone assessment.
    It's one of those funny situations where it's not set out in law, so it's what the law doesn't say that counts - and it's always harder to work those out.

But there is little or no point in their finding anyone FFW after assessment at the moment. - Because they would then simply claim UC, which has no jobsearching requirements anyway at the moment.

And I suspect that they will not want to reduce anybodys existing award on a telephone assessment only, it could lead to calls of unfair treatment of the 'most vulnerable'.

So currently it's most likely that even if the DWP think you are FFW you will still be treated as LCW, and still paid ESA/UC until they can hold a F2F assessment.

They have already said that they are stopping WCA's altogether, with the exception of New Claims and Changes of Circumstance. (And maybe those few that are already in the process of reassessment but I suspect most of those will simply be deferred).

For a new claim first assessment 'paper only' assessments only award Support Group/LCWRA, but 'paper only' reassessment can award either LCW(WRAG) or LCWRA(Support Group).
    (Although I'm sure that's a DWP rule not law - so they could easily ignore it and award WRAG/LCW on paper at first time assessments too).

Telephone assessments can recommend either LCW(WRAG) or LCWRA(Support Group).

PS. It's always been the case that they could do WCAs by telephone they've just not used it before, or at least only in exceptional circumstances - I'd say that we are in exceptional circumstances now.
    Last edited by nukecad; 08-04-20 at 14:02.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

[QUOTE=mark16;171135]Hi.

I had a telephone assessment it took an hour and 15 minutes to complete. I found it quite stressful as the lady on the phone keep repeating herself as if she was trying to catch me out , I did ask why she keep repeating herself and all she said was just answer the questions, which I replied I have answered your questions but why do you feel the need to keep reapeating yourself . she said if I dontlike it then I could hang up.

I stated the above when i had my PIP assesment by phone . well yesterday I was awarded it , I got the pip mobility enhanced to which I was suprised by and the daily living standard rate and was told it will be backdated for 16 weeks