Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ryanair-outgoing flights cancelled...

So pleased that you have now got a partial refund. It should not have been such hard work for you. I hope you get the RA refund soon although reading around airlines are offering vouchers but if they are not used in 6 months they will be exchanged for cash. Just one way of hanging onto the £'s to keep them afloat but what happens to the cash if they go bust? You won't get a penny.

I am hanging on with Jet2, already had the offer to rebook flights but I have deemed to wait for the voucher/cash offer and I will insist on the cash. Nobody knows how long the current circumstances will last and if the airline will still be functioning in the future.

Cheers, beau. Seems we're in similar situations.

Know that this C-19 has 'hit' everybody, including companies, in different ways, it is the way they have, and are handling the problems faced. Not going to list amount of problems we have all had in trying to get our cash back, it would take too long and wipe me out, braindrain! I think it was printed somewhere that RA were/are the flight co., with the largest amount of cash reserves, which makes it all the more galling! Hell, it was bad enough booking the trip in the 1st place, trying over & over to make sure we had got everything right so not to be caught out with any 'instant fees' at the airport. I do not know how many checklists I have made and gone through & noting in triplicate days when items had to be done by!

I wonder how much travel agents actually make on holiday deals...they must work to a minimum % & wondering what high st travel agent would charge for similar break, as in 1st posts. May let them deal with admin & all we have to do (hopefully) would be hand over £XXX! Problem now is there aren't that many high st travel agents about...lots of empty offices, mind!

Will keep you in the loop, Beau, as to what happens next...Case of 'watch this space'! Take care.

At the moment I am trying to defer my travel insurance, can't use it so why have it, Costs me a fortune so don't want to waste it when I can't use it. I do have a yearly policy.
    Been hanging on the phone for ages but must do it before I lose anymore money on it.