Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ryanair-outgoing flights cancelled...

Ryanair-outgoing flights cancelled...

Hi All, Wondering if anybody in same situation or has been?! Also hope everybody is managing throught this.

As we had 10 days booked away, now received email from Ryanair cancelling outgoing flights and that we can request refund via that email. Also ask us to allow 20 days for refund to hit our account. You can probably guess our question as the email only refers to 'outgoing' flights!

I can probably guess we will get next email from Ryanair cancelling our return flights, in 10 days time.

Query is, and asking if anybody else in same boat with Ryanair, or other carrier, do we have to obtain refunds piecemeal, when we get these cancellation emails, or can we wait until next/final email and obtain refund for outgoing and return flights all in 1 refund payment from Ryanair?

(Will then have to tackle obtaining rest of holiday refund for payment of hotel/transfers/etc). Haven't heard anything from them & was under impression that as all was booked through 'lovholidays' that it would have been 1 simple refund from them & they have to obtain refund from airline! However, the only thing can think of why this hasn't happened, was that although it was all booked through lovholdiays, we did change times of outgoing and return flights. On this point, suppose question is, when is a package holiday, not a package holiday?

TY for reading and any help as ever is appreciated.

I think Love Holidays is ABTA covered so I would contact them in the first instance.

Yes they are ABTA covered. If you booked the whole lot through them then it is treated as a package. They should refund you the lot, not Ryanair. Look at FAQ's on the Love Holidays site.
    https://www.loveholidays.com/faq
    Last edited by beau; 02-04-20 at 17:37.

Hi Beau, MT's for your reply & apologies for not getting back sooner.

Well, so far, have had email from Ryanair cancelling both out/return flights and requested a cash refund from them. As far as Loveholidays are concerned they are not offering cash refund but a credit note for the balance, as per their website info!

Managed to get online chat with them. They say they are also applying to airline for refund and that this will be passed onto us if this is the case, which I understand will be in cash, not xredit note! Upto today, if we want a cash refund and not use credit note, we have to wait 12 months for cash refund! Then they say ABTA are changing rules on daily basis, blah blah blah.

So, as of this moment, now crossing fingers that we get cash refund for flights from Ryanair, which will be part of holiday refunded. But just waiting to see what happens with hotel/transfers via loveholidays. I mentioned the fact that this is/was a package holiday and therefore due to full refund from them-loveholidays-but they just reiterated they are sticking with abta advice regards credit note. There are an awful lot of unhappy punters out there as well as here!

As well as getting at them on twitter, am also trying facebook, but I cannot find an email address for them. It wont be worth trying to contact them via email they send out holiday confirmation as probably a no reply. Will continue to search. The only other way fo contacting them, is snail mail, yes, letter in post, as per their website.

Will comeack if any information changes or if we get any sort of refund in part. Thanks again Beau. Have a good easter and stay safe.

Hi Beau,

what I should have added was that although this was booked torugh lovehols, the payments for flights with ryanair, were made actually to ryanair, and balance paid to loveholidays for hotel/transfers-I do not know if this changes the situation, but maybe having done it this way, could it be that Ryanair should refund us separately, for flights obviously-I can only think reason for this was that as mentioned, we changed times of flights & also bought seats, so I guess this is why we had t pay Ryanair direct!

spencer, I had just typed a reply when our power went off and only just back on again.

All airlines are offering vouchers but you can insist on having the money.

As for Love Holidays, I would say they are out of order, you should be entitled to the money back, it is just a ploy for them to keep the money.
    A friend booked through another booking agent and the same thing happened with hotel and transfers. She emailed the hotel and the transfer providers and they told her booking agent to refund the monies and it worked. That may well work for you. Give it a go.

Remind me never to use Love Holidays

Hi Beau, many thanks for above and also hope your power supply now back to normal. No power probs here, just internet going off for coouple of hours. Will be moving from them as well once all returned to semi normal-was paying £18 pr month with Sky for broadband only inc landline-not used for calls. Then found out by checking online banking that gone up to £31 pr month, as had been on deal for 18 month. Now see other suppliers are offering same sort of package for couple of quid more, around £20/22 pr month and not now £33 as Sky are again putting price up by £2.00. £32.00 pr month for basic broadband, not fibre, not 1 of these 100's of MB pr secs deals etc., just straight forward cheapest package-anyway, apologies, I digress.

So far, have had 3 rplies from Loveholidays-ooh I should correct 1 item-we actually paid Loveholidays the full amount including flight costs, so we didn't pay separately for flights as I tought. This was actually payment for seat reservation of £28.00. Anyway, as far as Ryanair go, have received email from them after comleting a cash refund request for flight in sum of around £200 and they have replied confirming reciept of request and to please allow them few extra days due to backlog. This, I can deal with.

As you know, Loveholdidays are still keeping hold of customer cash offring credit note & cash can be refunded in...12 months time...a year!!! Anyway, contacted them 3 different ways via social media and received exaclty same copy and pasted respoonse-that they are following ABTA advice. Other customers saying on twitter, etc., they in same boat, and it could be in time to come that we get class action action against them as certainly know there are more than enough custoemrs complainig.

I will do as you suggest as soon as able with hotel but have also contacted my bank and completed a pro forma form in which they maybe be able to assist in recovering amount concerned. Will see how this goes. Again thank you for your help and your tips.

As a final note, I do not understand why Loveholidays are doing this as this will only seek to go against them in future bookings. Tehy are 1 of 3 fimrs treating their custoemrs like this, all others from what I read are offering cash refunds. They are also asking customers to think aout booking at a later date or accept credit note, but Loveholidays have no doubt shot themselves in both feet!

Hope everybody had a good as possible Easter weekend and are keeping well and safe. Take care, Beau.

Best of luck getting your cash back. I think Loveholidays will have to back down eventually. By keeping your money and offering vouchers is helping them stay afloat. If they went bust then your money will have gone

I often use Hoppa for my transfers, been getting emails encouraging me to buy vouchers for future trips. Just another ploy to get money in the bank and who is to say that they will still be functioning after the crisis is over.

I had booked Shuttle Direct for my Turkey transfers this year as they were the best price. Never used them before. I emailed them asking for refund due to flights being cancelled but expected to have to pay their cancellation fee of 10 Euros. They refunded me the lot so I was pleasantly surprised.

Morning Beau, Glad you got that part of your booking refunded. Can I ask are you owed anything from holiday co's/travel agents/airlines?

Hope you're correect in your thinking that they will have to back down...or seriously risk going bust, which nobody wants! If that is the case, will keep an eye out for any 'new' companies trading in this area...Can actually spend quite a bit of time checking companies and people out on 'companies house' website and the information this site can provide...names of officers...not forgetting the link 'filing history' and figures produced! Am glad that site is open to public viewing.

Hi Spencer, I go to somewhere I have been going for the last 20 years so I know the owners well and I book directly with them and they ask for no deposit or anything. It is like going to family plus they have so many repeat guests I always know most of the people staying there. I just pay on the last day for the whole of my stay. It is only my flights and transfers I pay for in advance.
    https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_...ean_Coast.html

Still waiting for Jet2 to contact me with options, either vouchers, refund or change the flights. I am going to opt for a refund as I never know when or if I will be able to travel again due to my health.

Well, a quick update on matters.

Initially tought Ryanair refund was in the bag-thay cancelled flights, offered refund in cash and duly completed and submitted reund request some weeks ago. Obtained acknowledgement email but advising that due to circs refund will take longer than otherwise advertised. They wanted 20+ days before refund shows in account. Today received email = No cash refunds but we are offering you a voucher instead!

As far as Loveholidays concerned, total turnaround as soon as they realise I in reciept of 12 week isolation letter. Email received requesting proof-proof sent-nice email in return advising cash refund now been actioned and be in account in 5 working days-it actually took 4 days. So got hotel/transfers refunded.

Just RA reneging on deal. LH do day that they are also contacting RA with regard to flight refunds (it was a package holiday booked afterall with LH) and will refund this to account as soon as they receive...if they receive!

Know ultimately will get cash back from RA. Not accepting voucher. Just see how long they & other airlines do the decent thing. Can't remember when worked so hard!