Thread: Writing a novel and want ideas

Writing a novel and want ideas

Hello! I am going to be writing a supernatural romance novel where the main heroine is in a wheelchair. It is later discovered that it is because she is a mermaid and her legs don’t work on land. I was curious what are common problems she would run into that I could add into the story to make it more realistic. Anything I should avoid that is overdone or irritating to your committee at large? Anything you would want to see? I’m open to any idea. She will meet a male vampire and their story will start with him not knowing about her or what she is. She reveals it later. It will take place somewhere near the ocean because of a plot point. I haven't decided on background for her or her family yet. Ideas are welcome and anything I should avoid is doubly welcome. I'm thinking her personality will be confident for the most part, with certain areas that she is uncertain in and it shows. The male I'm thinking will be the stable, patient and understanding one while she is going to have to work some old issues out. I want to switch up the typical brooding male and sunshine female dynamic. Thoughts?

I have no suggestions about your book but I would strongly suggest better grammer & at least a few paragraphs.
    Call me Mike.

Yes, I am well aware that when I turn my notes into an actual story that I am going to need the grammar to be top notch. However, since I am only asking for ideas right this instant and the post was typed on my phone I wasn't too worried about being a grammar snob. But if it will make you feel better.

I am going to be writing a book and would like some ideas from the wheelchair users community. The main heroine is disabled and I want her problems to be realistic, possibly with things you all have difficulties with in real life. I know very few details about her backstory and am only looking for ideas and/or advise about what are common problems you face that we who are not disabled don't consider due to the tasks not being a problem for us.

Now that I have retyped it for your benefit and you've already stated not having ideas which is what I originally asked for, I hope you have a nice day sir.

The whole point of my comment was to point out to you that many readers would be put off reading a post like your's due to having no paragraphs.
    I'm certainly no grammar snob as you put it. Any reader on here would have no idea that you typed your post on a mobile phone, I don't know anyone on here who posesses psychic gifts who would know that.
    Yes, I am having a very nice day thank you.
    Call me Mike.