Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Style JSA

Fingers crossed that it all goes smoothly for you.

PS. If they ask why you are only applying now say you are doing it because you have a Limited Capability for work and now realise that you claimed the wrong benefit at first.
    (Don't say that you are applying just because NS ESA lasts six months longer than JSA, of course that's not the reason at all).
    Last edited by nukecad; 08-06-20 at 21:29.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

They let me know they got form and going to process it will try get the fit note etc and understood should be on this benefit but will see what happens now but least bit of lea way if 8 July the start date of ESA etc will keep you updated but thanks for your support.

Unless you have Covid-19 then you will still have to provide fit notes to support your claim.

It's only for C-19 cases where that requirement has been waived. (Seems stupid not to waive it for everybody, but that's the government for you).

Your GP may not be aware of that and may think that the requirement for fit-notes has been waived altogether.

You can submit fit notes online (for ESA) these days:
    https://www.gov.uk/send-fit-note
    Last edited by nukecad; 10-06-20 at 19:27.

My GP spoke with me today and has done the fit note and will support me; we have not met as only moved a whiel a go. It says clearly Limited Capacity For Work and lists the hearing and back problem will send to the link you gave me when I get their letter; thank you for the link, i'll get another fit note near expiry time in case no assessment been done by then but least plenty of time till 5 Sept on this for now then least get another for after then.

Sent Fit Note 15 June they told me they got it.

This all began the move over 7 June obviously from 8 June. In your opinon

a) Do you think no waiting days since a transfer?
    b) Do you think I would get remainder of JSA entitled to for period between 8 June and 13 June then the ESA from 24 June or ESA from 30 June if there is still a seven day wait for first £148.70 on ESA?
    c) I did ask ESA to begin 8 July but am unsure if they would go date on the form and sick note etc so no gaps in June so if from 8 July be £148.70 from then?

Thanks
    Last edited by ahearne; 15-06-20 at 14:47. Reason: only 30 days in June

I believe that waiting days are waived anyway at the moment on a new ESA claim.

The ESA should start from the date on the fit note.

Payment dates may be a bit fragmented for the first week or two while they change over.
    Unless you have managed to get the changeover on a JSA end of fortnight then I'd expect a last payment of JSA, probably for a partial period and on an odd day to your usual, then maybe a partial ESA payment, and then 2 weeks ESA on your usual payment day a fortnight after the claim started.
    (Your actual payment day depends on your NI number, so it's not unusual to have partial weeks at the start/end of a claim as they adjust to that day).

Overall the payments should match up to give the same as you would have had anyway, but they may be split/fragmented in that first week or two.
    Just keep an eye on the bank to see what goes in when.

Thank you for that. I spoke to them today they confirmed JSA closing on 19th. Does this mean do you think then I will miss three days the week after. I got my last payment 9 June and next is on 24th or does the week after 22 to 24 cover the week commencing 29th July for 22 to 24th?

Would you expect then, as they are closing JSA on 19th to still get £148.70 on 24 June then ESA £148.70 on 8 July?

Thanks again for all your help will let you know which group go into.

If the JSA ends on 19th June then it will only be paid up to the 19th June. (So as you were last paid on the 9th it should be 9 or 10 days JSA payment, £95.59 or £106.21).
    And as it's the 19th today then you may see that in your bank today.

ESA should be paid from the date on your fit note (so 15th June).
    As you are 'moving' from JSA waiting days shouldn't apply because it should be a 'linked claim', and you already did the 7 waiting days under JSA.

So you may find that you actually get an overpayment overall, with ESA from the 15th overlapping with JSA to the 19th.
    (Which would then have to be paid back out of the ongoing ESA).
    It depends how each department calculates their own payments.

TBH if I was you I think that I would err on the safe side, plan for the 7 waiting days maybe not being paid, and try to stretch the last payment of JSA.
    Which would be a bit of a bugger if it did happen, but a small cost when considered that the ESA once in payment will last six months longer than the JSA would have done.
    (So you would have lost a week now, to gain an extra 26 weeks from September).

If this does happen, and you don't think you could stretch the last JSA payment, then you can ask for a 'Short Term Benefit Advance' of ESA.
    https://www.gov.uk/short-term-benefit-advance

Before doing that I would ring ESA and ask when you can expect your first ESA payment, and how much it will be.
    (Whether you get a sensible answer is another question).

Just letting you know full JSA up to 19th went in on 23 June will let you know how July goes but they rang to confirm processed. I'll let you know how it goes for July stuff etc. Did prepare as you had suggested before hand to be sure but thank you least either way prepared

In regards to my back injury; it was in 2008 and 2010 I had my accidents; as my records now archived at solicitors from the work injury; do you think done right thing contact hospitals see if they can send me PDF scans of MRI scan; and consultants report from that? I am just unsure if such long time ago but I guess back injury never go away and will affect any job standing long periods as I get sharp pins and needles long periods standing and not able to lift paper like a postal support, or work for Royal Mail etc given paper is heavy. Would you suggest good idea putting the dates of accidents on the form as well?

The assessment is about how you are affected now, and how it restricts your ability to do any work now.

What your actual illness/injuries are are not realy important for the assessment, how they affect your ability to work is.

Any evidence or paperwork you supply to support your claim should reflect your abilities now.

It's not realy about what happened 10/12 years ago, other than showing that there is a reason as to why you have Limited Capability to Work now.
    Just saying when and what the accidents/injuries were should be enough for that.