Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Discrimination by supermarkets - action to be taken.

Aldi is now doing a food parcel £24.99

You can buy online from them. No good for me as I'm allergic/intolerant to everything but the toilet roll, hand wash tea & coffee

https://www.aldi.co.uk/aldi-food-par...00000384202100

Starbright I’m vulnerable not extremely vulnerable or clinically vulnerable. My 6 risk factors are not significant enough, so I tried and was spat out so can’t register myself and will not receive any letters or phone messages.

I’ve chosen to remain indoors due to risk factors and have not been told to remain indoors. (Sheilded) My risk factors include things like type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure and low vitamin d levels so I’m at increased Risk of serious complications but not necessarily death! Good innit

That's changed I just tried to do it again now to see what would happen & it also spat me out, but before when I filled it in as soon as it went up it let me get to the end & them two weeks after that I had a email from Gov & It said your not in the class for extra help but we will pass on your details to the supermarkets to see fi they can help.

I'm guessing they were overwhelmed

Yes I know what you mean I've got two neuro one rare one common, two bowel, one lung, anaemia, low vit D multiple severe allergies/intolerance, phlebitis & a whole heap of symptoms from them & apparently I could go a round with Covid 19!.

They have more faith in our bodies then we have....or just no money & nobody to help seems more likely. On Tesco if you fill your basket, go to the book a slot page & leave it there & go back in between & refresh on all three different weeks some do come up through out the day BUT you have to be fast hence filled basket ready to go & multiple refreshing many many times. Oh the fun we can have with a internet connection!

Archersmate, try Iceland, register with them then keep on going back randomly throughout the day possibly over a couple of days and you may get a slot but you have to catch them as they release them. You need to click the vulnerable box before you look for a slot. I got one for the next day like that. You do need £35 in your basket to get delivery though but it is free.
    Last edited by beau; 18-04-20 at 16:10.

At Iceland you can have £25 of food & get it delivered but £2 will be charged. It's free from £35 & over

Quote Originally Posted by StarBright View Post
    At Iceland you can have £25 of food & get it delivered but £2 will be charged. It's free from £35 & over
    I didn't realise that as I made my order up to £35 with hubby's booze.

They used to have it on the website along side spend £35 get free delivery, £25 & up to £35 £2.00 delivery. I couldn't see it online so just tried it out & yes it works still

Quote Originally Posted by StarBright View Post
    Archersmate,

Put your details in to this link, this is the list that Sainsburys & all other supermarkets are getting from the Gov to class them as needing help getting food. I am not in the most severe group according to the NHS but I could not shop in a shop before Covid 19 so I sure can't now lol. I still filled it out & this is how Sainsburys let me back in & shop once a week Asda also picked me up from this list too.

https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus-extremely-vulnerable

@Nuke, absolutely
    PLEASE NOTE......This page is Only for England and is of NO use for anyone living in Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland.

I have only one supermarket who does Home Deliveries and that is Tesco. I have not been put on the at risk list, even though I should be in my opinion as I have had 3 Heart Attacks, 3 Stents, Congestive Hart Disease, Insulin Dependant, COPD, and I am 72 years of age.

I telephoned Tesco customer services and enquired the best way to be added to the at risk list. I was advised that this was not possible and to please end the call as other people with more important problems were online waiting for help and with that he cut me off.

I now have gone to "Wiltshire Farm Foods" as they deliver frozen ready meals all over the UK. As to other bits I require I have joined with a neighbour who will get me Milk, Bread etc as and when I need it.

Not happy with Tesco at all.
    Last edited by Kodiak; 18-04-20 at 17:33.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
    Edgar Allen Poe

It's not even working for people in the UK now unless you have been identified by the NHS or Gov letter

Morrisons on Monday have changed the way they deliver shopping now they pick & pack from your local shop then deliver. I had to wait in a que to get on & have a account I just looked & in my area there are slots so worth a try if you have an account they might have some in your area

Morrisons food box's you will need to check where they will deliver them:

https://www.morrisons.com/food-boxes/

£30 to £45 depending on which one you choose