Thread: Sign Language Service for claiming UC.

Sign Language Service for claiming UC.

Universal Credit claimants can now access British Sign Language interpreters as part of a free video relay service.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/n...iversal-credit
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

About time too...…..

They seem to be now bringing in quite a few measures that should have already been in place.

I've just posted another one about now being able to claim ESA online rather than taking the form to a Jobcentre.

I guess that all that was missing previously was a willingness to get these measures implemented.

Looks like a couple of million new benefits claimants has shifted focus and sharpened that willingness.

There is an update on the Video Relay Service rollout, it is being expanded to more than just UC:

Video Relay Service (VRS) rollout

As of June 2020 the availability of Video Relay Service (VRS) is being further extended to customers claiming Jobseekers Allowance and Income Support, and to those wishing to contact Debt Management or the National Benefit Fraud Hotline. Each service will be fully tested before it is made available for customers.

Over the coming months we will continue to extend VRS into all DWP services. VRS is already available for British Sign Language (BSL) users who claim DWP disability benefits, Universal Credit as well as Access to Work.
    https://www.rightsnet.org.uk/forums/viewthread/16229/