Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OMG!! 6yrs!

OMG!! 6yrs!

Stunned is an understatement. Just got the letter with my dla award certificate etc. Cannot believe it. They have awarded me HRM and MRC for 6yrs!!!!
    Guess who is a happy bunny now??

Thats a nice long award well done to you.

Good news I'm pleased for you
    Sea Queen

I wonder what will happen to those who are on long time DLA awards when the reviews assessments start.

Quote Originally Posted by Dollydaydream View Post
    Stunned is an understatement. Just got the letter with my dla award certificate etc. Cannot believe it. They have awarded me HRM and MRC for 6yrs!!!!
    Guess who is a happy bunny now??
    Don't get to excited, PIP comes in at some point and everyone will be reassed. Some a lot sooner than others.
    Pleased you have something to work on though re a mobility car

Thanks everyone. Yes i know about the pip. but for someone who has never had any kind of benefit before it will open up a whole new world for me.Even if it is short lived i am happy just for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dollydaydream View Post
    Thanks everyone. Yes i know about the pip. but for someone who has never had any kind of benefit before it will open up a whole new world for me.Even if it is short lived i am happy just for now.
    Well that's the main thing Enjoy whilst it lasts.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornwall View Post
    Don't get to excited, PIP comes in at some point and everyone will be reassed. Some a lot sooner than others.
    Pleased you have something to work on though re a mobility car
    Pretty much what Cornwall said. Dont mean to burst your bubble Dolly, i'm please you have been awarded your benefit for 6 years but that doesnt mean to say they WILL DEFINITELY NOT touch you for 6 years as theres plenty of people who have been told that they were awarded ESA for 3 years only to be asked to attend another assessment a few months later! remember all DLA will be migrated to PIP so they may want to reassess you again. sorry to put that fear into you, just always be prepared for that two-faced, conniving place to go against their word.

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by help_me View Post
    Pretty much what Cornwall said. Dont mean to burst your bubble Dolly, i'm please you have been awarded your benefit for 6 years but that doesnt mean to say they WILL DEFINITELY NOT touch you for 6 years as theres plenty of people who have been told that they were awarded ESA for 3 years only to be asked to attend another assessment a few months later! remember all DLA will be migrated to PIP so they may want to reassess you again. sorry to put that fear into you, just always be prepared for that two-faced, conniving place to go against their word.
    if somebody reports you they can do instant review .........the rights benefit program does not review dla awards less than 1 year old

Oh well, i don't care if anybody reports me as i am genuine. i have multiple conditions and the 3 main ones are incurable and degenerative so no concerns there apart fom them getting worse in the physical sense. i will never be able to walk more than around 10mtres anyway. i did look at the pip criteria and i am pretty sure i would still qualify although i do realise their intention to exclude as many people as they can get away with. Thanks for the advice though.