Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Not all PIP awards being extended.

Well with ESA there is no end date it just keeps being paid unless you are found FFW at a reassessment, (and they aren't doing reassessments), so it's not realy the same worry as with PIP.

There is a report on this forum today that they are now sending the PIP extension letters out a bit earlier, so you should get it before your PIP award was due to end (if only a couple of days before):
    https://www.youreable.com/forums/sho...l=1#post172003
    Last edited by nukecad; 17-06-20 at 22:00.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Nukecad - as they aren't doing reassessments, does that include those that were underway before Covid? I sent my ESA50 in before Christmas and have heard nothing since. Just wondered if it's sitting there on hold at the moment?

As far as I am aware then if CHDA can recommend Support Group, or UC-LCWRA, on paper only (or by telephone assessment) then they are now doing so, but only those.

All others are on hold until they can do F2F assessments again.

But the situation with ESA assessments seems to be changing all the time, and because ESA does not have a set end date (unlike PIP) then they seem content to just let current payments run along as they are.
    They can change what they are doing with ESA assessments, or not, because they don't have to ammend the law to let ESA run on without a reassessment, the ESA legislation already allowed that to happen.

(With PIP they had to ammend the law to allow the temporary extensions).

They are not making any meaningful announcements about ESA assessments, they just talk about 'disabilllity assessments' in general, and don't realy give any details other than saying they are doing them 'where possible'.
    Here's one of the latest examples: https://www.parliament.uk/business/p...0-06-01/52249/
    Last edited by nukecad; 18-06-20 at 18:23.

Thanks, will just have to continue to wait and see then :-)

It appears there are still some issues with these PIP extension letters.

A 'you couldn't make it up' one from rightsnet today:

my client has an award which is due to end in December 2020. We completed and sent in the renewal form in January 2020. She has just received a letter to state her current award has been extended to November 2020. I suspect that this is just a standard computer generated letter, but nether the less…
    So they have told her that her PIP award has been 'extended' to less that it already was.

Obviously a DWP 'standard letter' cockup, due to the fact that she had already sent the renewal form in so they have now sent out a 'standard' extension letter, but would it realy take too much time to check what they send out in such cases?
    Last edited by nukecad; 19-06-20 at 20:14.