Thread: Does universal credit owe me ?

Does universal credit owe me ?

Hi, i recently got awarded LCWRA and really hope this is true -

My universal credit claim started in novemeber 2018 with a 3 month sick note (mental health)
    and have waited until february 2020 for WCA, which i was recently given LCWRA award.

I have calculated the LCWRA should be backdated to around £4500.

The thing that may stop this is - from november 2018 until february 2020 i have cancelled
    and missed around 15 appointments with the WCA. Sick notes have been handed in every
    3 months, except for march april may 2019. The reason for cancelling appointments and
    the missing fit note was my ill health. Do you think its likely they will backdate? cheers.

Another thing, from the beginning of my claim i have had to attend around 10 jobcentre
    appointments even though my health has been very bad and providing sick notes. I have even
    been sanctioned two times, and even after mandatory reconsideration appeal, got decision
    against me and lost £600 of benefit. It was lucky for me that the WCA doctor was good with mental
    health.

They should backpay LCWRA to the start of the 4rd month after you first provided fit notes.

The situation with cancelled WCA appointments should not matter as long as they accepted each time that you had 'good reason' for not attending.
    The fact that they scheduled further appointments indicates that they probably did accept that you had 'good reason'.

However if any one of those cancellations was not deemed 'good reason' that would restart the clock on when you can be backpaid to.

I'm not sure about the sanctions, that will probably depend on just what the sanctions were for and when they were imposed.
    If you were sanctioned for not doing something that you wouldn't have to do under LCWRA anyway then you should be able to get them overturned.
    But if you were sanctioned for not doing something that you would be expected to do under LCWRA then they will still stand.
    eg. you still have to attend the JC+ when asked to even under LCWRA.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Thanks for reply. Yes, i think they should backdate also. Though i will probably have to be fight for it. They always seemed to accept the reasons for not attending WCA, but they might start from after the break in fit notes. Im not too concerned with the sanctions, though at the time they really stung!!! The sanctions were for not attending appointments.

eg. you still have to attend the JC+ when asked to even under LCWRA.

Lol, i dont think im doing that again and will demand home WCA next time.

I've been on ESA (WRAG) for almost 10 years now, but still have to go down to the JC every six months or so.
    When I first claimed it was every month.
    It's a waste of time but they like to check that you are at least still alive.
    It's often the same for ESA Support Group, and can be more frequent with UC LCW/LCWRA.

Unfortunately you can't "demand" a home assessment, only 'request' one.
    However with previous multiple 'good reason' cancellations a request for home (or even paper based) asessment will probably be granted.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

And i dont think they should even do that if you are not on jobseeker status. Having to attend appointments doesnt help some people and can make conditions worse. UC really was unhelpful and damaged me with appointments when i clearly needed support.