Thread: Road tax 50%

Road tax 50%

Hi all. sent of check and proof of PIP award middle of April. No PIP notice returned. Today i get a reminder I"m on the road illegally. Does"nt look like check has been cashed so, had to pay full online today. So either lost in post or no time to process. But they got staff and time to send illegal notice. There is no way to contact them either by Email or on the blower. Anyone else having problems. Thanks.

While multi millionaires furlough their staff so poor taxpayers pay millionaires staff wages the sick, disabled and poor must pay their road tax while government give powers to local council to close roads at the drop of a hat so you have to ask “why are we paying road tax”.

Mooz I hope that was a photo copy of your PIP award as its always best to keep in mind when it comes to government your dealing with incompetence, virus or no virus, Tory or Labour.

There is not any "Road Tax" as it was changed Years ago to "Car Tax". So it is for having a Car that the Tax is for and Not for the Road.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
    Edgar Allen Poe

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    There is not any "Road Tax" as it was changed Years ago to "Car Tax". So it is for having a Car that the Tax is for and Not for the Road.
    The heading said "ROAD TAX". eg, car on the road like.You can have a car without "ROAD TAX" the queen got one HA. Sorn comes to mind so, person has car but pays no dosh for the "ROAD TAX"

Hi ChrisK If my letter got lost in post, fair enough. But the thought of it in a sack at DVLA (with millions of others) because of covid19. That is a good reason for the alarming letter they send. Makes me wonder where the hell were going. Plus the fact £240 becomes £360 while i only owe £120 + not sure how long it could take to get dosh back.

Hi mooz

I did stumble on this yesterday after posting here...

https://www.disabledmotoring.org/new...id-19-outbreak

[QUOTE=ChrisK;171790]Hi mooz

I did stumble on this yesterday after posting here...

Thanks ChrisK.