Thread: Strange phone call (pip)

Strange phone call (pip)

My wife has recently applied for pip and sent her application in on Monday after finally receiving a diagnosis for her ongoing health problems.
    Her diagnosis has finally promoted her to apply for it after I've been telling her for years she qualifies, but she felt she didn't.
    As part of her fibromyalgia and migraine disease, she really struggles with understanding others without help and is also very forgetful.

We sent it recorded delivery on Monday, received Tuesday and this morning a Capita nurse called her and said he needed to ask her two questions.
    First question he asked her was is someone able to be present for her during the assessment to help her with communicating. My wife didn't really understand him at first after taking strong medication for her migraine auras already this morning and she explained this.
    He then said she'll hear from them in due course and to expect a letter with a time and date for the assessment.
    He never asked his second question. Anyone had one of these calls, what would have been the second question?

Is this a new thing? I've had three successful PIP applications in 7 years and they have never called me prior to an assessment.

He basically only said what the form already said.

It's new due to coronavirus.

They are now only doing PIP assessments on paper or by telephone.

They are still supposed to give 7 days notice of a telephone assessment and say just what date/time they will call you to do it.

There are some reports of problems with ATOS (as usual) but as yours is Capita then hopefully they will do things correctly.

Beau posted a link to a B&W bog about these PIP telephone assessments, and some of the Atos problems, yesterday: https://www.youreable.com/forums/sho...767#post171767

I guess that after asking his first question he had no need to ask the second, sometimes a first answer makes any further ones redundant.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    It's new due to coronavirus.

They are now only doing PIP assessments on paper or by telephone.

They are still supposed to give 7 days notice of a telephone assessment and say just what date/time they will call you to do it.

There are some reports of problems with ATOS (as usual) but as yours is Capita then hopefully they will do things correctly.

Beau posted a link to a B&W bog about these PIP telephone assessments, and some of the Atos problems, yesterday: https://www.youreable.com/forums/sho...767#post171767

I guess that after asking his first question he had no need to ask the second, sometimes a first answer makes any further ones redundant.
    Yeah, I'm aware that they're now doing paper and phone assessments, but this wasn't an assessment. He rang her and said that he was a capita nurse and that he had two questions to ask her.
    He only asked one and then said she would have an appointment in the post.
    I've never heard of them calling prior to an assessment before. It threw us both.

We are living in 'interesting times', and they are changing from day to day which is part of what makes them 'interesting'.

“To expect the unexpected shows a thoroughly modern intellect.” - Oscar Wilde
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

First, wow that was an incredibly quick turn around to be contacted. Maybe not record breaking but close to it.

Secondly I was called prior to my assessment, asked a few questions before they approved the home visit.

Quote Originally Posted by worried33 View Post
    First, wow that was an incredibly quick turn around to be contacted. Maybe not record breaking but close to it.

Secondly I was called prior to my assessment, asked a few questions before they approved the home visit.
    Thank you sharing your experience.
    Did you automatically qualify for your home visit, out of interest? Or did you need to push for one?
    Our area home visits are automatic because of it being a capita managed area, but obviously with the pandemic they're all being done over the phone anyway.
    We just can't fathom why they would call prior.