Thread: Tribunal letter through the post today

Tribunal letter through the post today

Hi
    I have received a letter for an esa tribunal next month, I'll be honest I had forgotten about it as it's been well over 2 years now since I didn't get the required points with the assessment and appealed it. Moved to uc straight away, sent the sick notes and then passed the assessment on that. So my questions are 1. Do I have to do the tribunal now still? Would it effect my uc claim? 2. If I did do the tribunal and they still rejected the esa appeal would that effect my current uc claim? I'm due another assesment on uc shortly also. Thanks in advance

1. You could withdraw the appeal if you no longer wish to continue, contact the clerk of the court if you want to do that.
    2. Any appeal decision, if you do continue, could only affect your current UC claim up until the date that you had a WCA under UC.

Basically;
    • By making a UC claim the ESA appeal then became for a 'Fixed Period' from the date when ESA was refused until the date you claimed UC.
    • Any decision about ESA (and any ESA backpayment) would only apply up to the date you claimed UC.
    • If ESA Support Group was awarded that could/should then be transferred as a UC-LCWRA award from the start of your UC claim but would only apply until the new WCA decision you had under UC.
      (In effect that means UC-LCWRA would apply from the start of UC and give a backpayment for the 3 month 'waiting period' before UC-LCWRA became payable).
    • If ESA WRAG was awarded that would be transferred as UC-LCW, but would make no differences to UC payments/backpayment unless your original ESA claim was from before April 2017.
    • If the ESA appeal is rejected, or withdrawn, then it has no bearing at all on UC.
    Last edited by nukecad; 22-05-20 at 10:21.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.