Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Shielders & Vulnerable To Covid 19 Now Have To Stay In until June 30th

I've got mine today & yes I'm the same as your hubby beau I'm in the extremely vulnerable group (I "thought I was in the group below that )

TBH all this is becoming to be a nightmare. Struggling to keep the house clean because I have had to stop our cleaner. Doing what we can but concerned about hygiene issues because of not being able to clean thoroughly or am I being too particular? If Covid doesn't get us then other bugs may.

Know what you mean I've been without help too.

Desperate for getting my hands on some cash too I've gone way beyond the limit I should have in the bank because no one I trust with my card & number (family) can go in & get some out & this will be everyone who's shielding no one's thought of coming up with an answer to that one probably because there isn't one

What we have done is electronically transferred money to our daughter's bank account then she has drawn it out and brought it with the shopping. That way you don't have to give anyone your card and number.
    She actually has Power of Attorney for us so could legitimately go into the bank with the certificate and get money out of our account for us but is easier that way. Every week I transfer a float for her to get our shopping.
    Mind you we trust her 100%

To be honest that sounds like a great idea but it won't help me unfortunately.

Usually I give card & number to family members to go in & get cash out, even before Covid I can't get into the shop that now has the post office in it because there are steps out the front & no back way, so I can't access it because I can't do the steps & no ramp can be put out the front so can't drive the mobility scooter in there.

But family members are in the same boat as me told not to go into shops/ banks as much as they can so stuffed until 1st of August if things stay the same that is. I guess at least now we have a hopeful date which is more than we have had since March

I don't bank online but even if I did it would not help me

or I guess I could transfer some money to family member & them keep it until they can get to a bank I suppose...hmm I guess I could phone the bank to do that on the phone perhaps hmm maybe

The post office & DWP have the right idea it's a shame it's only done for people with Post Office Card Accounts though:

https://www.onepostoffice.co.uk/secu...st-vulnerable/

It says initially for those with PO card accounts. I suspect if that is successful it will be rolled out bank accounts if necessary.

I hope so tbh I could do with this permanently just goes to show it can be done though