Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Shielders & Vulnerable To Covid 19 Now Have To Stay In until June 30th

Just read that. They are changing their minds like the wind.
    I still think shielded people should not go out unless absolutely necessary for their own good. To know that you can go out once a day, even if it isn't done, could well relieve some mental pressure.

Hubby is due his cancer check up next month, it is being done by phone which is not really a good idea. When he goes to the hospital he has bloods taken which gives some indication of things flaring up again. No bloods so how will they know if everything is stable by just talking to him. Hubby never lets on when things aren't right, even to the doctors, so if I have noticed anything I go with him and tell them. That can't be done over the phone.

I had bloods taken last week at the GP surgery, still got the bruise on my arm.

It's generally shut, but they are still doing some appointments for tests and the like, you go in by the back door.
    The nurses wear masks etc. while seeing you.

The GPs round here also have access to a team of paramedics who will do home visits to examine you if it's felt necessary.

If you are showing any covid symptoms then there is a 'Red Clinic' about 5 miles away where you can go, with an appointment, to have non-covid issues looked at and treated.
    They wear full PPE with face shields and so on.
    These Red Clinics have been set up nationwide, but you can't just turn up you phone your own GP first who will make you an appointment if necessary.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

So basically what it said on the BBC link England & Wales shielders & vulnerable people can if they want to go outside keeping 2 meters apart from other people not from your household & meet one other person from another household again 2 meters apart only once a day.

I have not been out of my house for 11 weeks now and I have intention of going out until I feel it is safe to do so. In the letter I received from the Scottish Government it stated that I should stay indoors until at least 18th Jne 2020. Depending on what is happening that will be earliest date until I venture out.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
    Edgar Allen Poe

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    I have not been out of my house for 11 weeks now and I have intention of going out until I feel it is safe to do so. In the letter I received from the Scottish Government it stated that I should stay indoors until at least 18th Jne 2020. Depending on what is happening that will be earliest date until I venture out.
    In my opinion you are doing the most sensible thing. If only the masses would take your lead.

Truth is,I don’t stay in to obey the law, I stay in to avoid catching it. I don’t know when I will be able to go out and about but it won’t be until I am satisfied that it is reasonably safe to do so... no matter what HM Govt. say

Me too. I got the virus at the end of February and have'nt been outside since then and because now, to detract from the Cummings saga they're changing the goalposts daily. Can, can't, no contact, contact with X amount. It's a shambles.

Try living near a border.

Depending on which TV channel I'm watching, and on what time of day it is, I'll see either the English or Scottish advice 'infomercials' which are different of course.
    I'm more likely to see the Scottish ones even though I'm in England.

Forget them, I'll use my own common sense to keep myself safe.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Boris said today in the press conference that he will be telling the shielders what measures will be put in place going forwards after June (I've no idea what)

Just to say I started this thread not to tell anyone what to do, what you do is entirely your choice go out, stay in do a bit of both it's up to you I thought it would be helpful to let people know what the Prime ministers rules are weather you agree or disagree with them or going to follow them or not.

Thankfully "most" of the general public followed them at the start I really could go into political discussions but to be honest it's pointless & a waste of my energy (they are not worth my limited energy supplies) I have far more happy things to be getting on with

Small update,

last week Boris said this week they would let Shielders & Vulnerable people know what measures are going to be put in place for July on wards. Today on the press conference one journalist asked about this & Mat Hancock said they will let us now very soon & that everyone that is in these category's will have a letter from the NHS telling each person what they should do going forwards according to each individual person's circumstances I.E what illness/group of illnesses that person has & I guess how they affect them he said by the end of the month.

The question I have is who's going to get these letters I'm guessing it's only going to be the people who got a letter saying to shield or are vulnerable.

Just to add he also said if a vaccine works the first people who will get it is the over 50's & people with heart or kidney disease