Thread: Applied at post office vehicle tax exemption has not worked

Applied at post office vehicle tax exemption has not worked

Hi, I went to the post office yesterday to get my vehicle registered for vehicle tax exemption and was told by the dvla it would be done there and then, but it was not and they send off the documents to the dvla and the vehicle still shows as sorn, is this normal does it take a while?

I won’t go into reasons why now but a couple of years ago I changed my car from disabled class to normal private class and it was all done in the post office there and then.

The VC5 form is sent back (by the PO) to DVLA who will issue a new one at sometime but your cars tax/road fund should be good for you to use the car.

What did the post office counter staff say? DVLA are working with reduced loads at the moment so could be the corona effect and maybe the the electronic pages on the DVLA site aren't being updated as fast as normally though that said and it being computerized I would have thought it’s instant unless there’s a computer virus as well.

Now is sorted they did forget to give us a receipt but shows now taxed