Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ESA phone assessment

ESA phone assessment

Just had a call from chda to get a esa phone assessment next week anyone had any experience of these phone assessments and what should I expect any help would be grateful

A couple of links on this thread to B&W newsletters about telephone assessments
    https://www.youreable.com/forums/sho...ne-Assessments

Just to point out that the B&W stuff is about PIP assessments and not WCA's, but it should still give a good idea of what happens.

This is not so much about what happens during a telephone WCA, but about the process behind them:
    It's reported from a meeting this morning from CHDA/Maximus about ESA/UC Work Capability Assessments being done by paper/telephone at the moment:

1. WCA telephone assessments.
    CHDA are getting the ESA50’s and UC50’s from DWP and doing paper and telephone assessments.
    If the claimant meets criteria for LCWRA or Support Group, the claim goes back to the Decision Maker with that recommendation.
    If the HCP doesn’t think they meet the criteria, the claim ‘goes back in the queue’ in their words, and won’t be considered again until face to face assessments start.
    So unless they recommend Support Group/LCWRA then you will have to wait until a face to face can be done; whenever they start them again.
    Also remember that as the law stands you can't be found fit-for-work without having a F2F assessment.

Not realy fair for those new claimants who have to wait for a F2F to be put in a group, but what else can they do?

Robbie is currently in Support Group, so hopefully it will just be a 'rubber stamp' for SG again.

2. These assessments can be recorded by CHDA but claimant has to request it, and will then be sent a copy.
    So you can still request that your WCA by telephone is recorded.

This bit is about PIP assessments and not ESA/UC - up to now they (Capita/Atos) have done more PIP assessments by phone:
    3. A rep from DWP mentioned, ........., that as DWP had more experience so far of PIP telephone assessments, DWP were looking at the trend in results, because with PIP there were fewer awards and they were at lower rates.
    As suspected, and the DWP acknowledge it themselves, PIP telephone awards are being set lower than you would expect with a F2F assessment.
    Not that surprising and will probably mean more MRs, and more appeals.
    Last edited by nukecad; 04-06-20 at 17:08.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Thanks for the information folks will let you know how things go should I hope get back into the support group as I’ve got a problem with my bladder so have to wear incontinence pads for which I get on the nhs I also suffer from severe depression and PSTD kind regards Robbie

Had my esa assessment this morning all went well mainly concentrated on my incontinence and mental health call lasted about 25 minutes

Pleased it's all over now & the phone call didn't last long

I guess it will be a while before I hear anything from the dwp with the coronavirus situation

@robbie66 The DWP told me over the phone a few weeks ago that telephone assessments were being trialled in Scotland but that was all. Where are you based?
    May I ask, when did you return your ESA50 form? It's been 6 weeks since they received my form and I've heard nothing.

Based in southern England esa form sent off in February of this year was meant to go for an f2f in March but was cancelled because of the coronavirus situation so I guess the dwp have misinformed you so no great surprise there

Gosh, if you applied in February and were assessed by telephone just this week I may have a long time to wait.
    No surprise at all that I've been misinformed, another operator at the DWP told me all assessments were paper based at present.
    It'll be interesting to know how long you have to wait for the outcome.