Thread: Are we going to have to start attending job center appointments next week?

Are we going to have to start attending job center appointments next week?

Back in march they said

"People receiving benefits do not have to attend job centre appointments for three months, starting from Thursday 19 March 2020."

Are job centers due to open up for face to face visits again next week june the 19th?

No plans have been announced to reopen jobcentres.

I doubt that's going to happen for a while, and when it does they will be too busy with those who have lost thier jobs during lockdown to bother ESA claimants much.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Thanks, that's good to hear.

The three months are up this coming week so we should get some new announcement of their latest thinking.

I highly doubt things will get back to the way they were before the lockdown but given their ideology it will be killing the DWP and govt ministers to keep things as they are now for much longer but they may have no choice.

I would be very surprised if it is business as usual, however that doesn't mean full exemptions will stay in place as the government has been pushing hard on the business as usual mantra to get the economy recovered.

I noticed the guidelines have been updated here yesterday

Pretty much say's the same as before.

Page last updated: 17 June 2020

https://www.universal-credit.service.gov.uk/coronavirus

that link is the make a claim page.

Quote Originally Posted by worried33 View Post
    that link is the make a claim page.
    Works fine for me, i think you need to be logged into your UC account though to see it.

Commitments and looking for work
    The only thing you need to do for your commitments at the moment is to tell us if anything changes. Use the Report a change of circumstances link on your homepage.

If your commitments say you should look for work
    If your commitments say you should prepare, search or be available for work, then you should continue if it is safe to do so. Employers need people to fill important vacancies right now. Look on the Find a job website.

For now, your work coach will not check if you are keeping these commitments. You will not get a sanction if you cannot keep these commitments at this time.