Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Face coverings

The one I brought from my link above is way way too big for my face the ear holes go round the side of my head!

So I've had to tie a knot in both of the ear loops which means when I put it on it folds my ear lobes down & slips off

Trying to readjust the ear loop knots I need one now I know the District people are coming.

I have seen somewhere that a material strip across the back of your head with buttons on it allows you to hook the elastic over the button not your ears hence tightening the fit.
    https://www.thecraftpatchblog.com/easy-diy-ear-savers/
    Last edited by beau; 05-07-20 at 21:11.

They look perfect beau thanks

Reinhardt
    Yeah! They cause my glasses to steam up too.

The trick with glasses is to press the nose piece tightly round your nose and cheeks and have the mask just under your glasses.
    Hubby has breathing problems and gasps for breath at the best of times so I have ordered him a face shield so more air can circulate. Will have to see what happens with glasses.

Some soft masks don't have a nose piece so pulling your glasses further down your nose helps.

I've seen a NHS worker use low-tack surgical tape to tape the top of the mask to his face and stop the breath going that way when wearing one for a long time.

I've also seen a woman in the supermarket wearing a kind of small 'upside-down' face shield that just covered the mouth and nose.
    Similar to these:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Shouwei%E3%...ZH6&th=1&psc=1
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/10PCS-Prote.../dp/B089CY5QRP
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Nukecad, by nose piece I mean the wire that some masks have at the top. It will mould to one's face.

That is also what I was meaning, most disposable masks have one but my rewashable soft mask doesn't have one.

If you have one like mine you could always cut a piece of wire, blunt any sharp ends, and make a small cut into the mask top seam to push it into.
    Copper wire is probably best for bending around the nose, strip the solid earth wire out of a length of electrical cable?

If you want a good quality Mask designed by yourself try Vista Print.

https://www.vistaprint.co.uk/?mk=ves...60789982&GNF=1
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
    Edgar Allen Poe

I'm not sure why we didn't think of this one before?

Swimmers often wear nose clips.
    Using one of those and only breathing through your mouth while covering your mouth with a mask should stop steamy glasses.

Now that the weather is getting colder the problem is going to get bigger for glasses wearers.