Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Face coverings

Question Face coverings

Just wondering whether other people are having problems wearing masks or face coverings? I have tried a couple recently, in both cases I struggle to get them on and then struggled to keep them on (I have cerebral palsy).

I don't visit shops that much so currently it's not a huge issue.

They cause my glasses to steam up. I made ours but today is the 1st time I have used it. 1st time out since lockdown started but I was desperate for the chiropodist as it was so painful to walk. All precautions were in place, couldn't fault them.

I ordered one from Ebay was only £2.99 for a family member it's slightly curved at the front then slims down towards your cheeks. It's made from one piece of allergy free (so it say's) washable material. It's only made in black & it's all in one piece, no ties to tie round the back of your head instead the ear loops are in the mask so you just loop them round your ears it's stretchy

I don't know if it's the tying bit that's the problem if so this might help. Family member tried it on for a short while it seemed to go OK it did slip up a bit towards the eye's if they looked directly down. Another family member has asked me to order two for them so will see how they get on with it

I've been looking at a few and have almost decided to get one, maybe two, of these:

https://www.samueljohnston.com/en/No...ey/m-5402.aspx

Oddly it comes from a pram/baby equipment company but it's about the best looking one I've seen yet.
    Comes in different colours (get a couple of different ones to match your coats?) and adult/child sizes.

EDIT- I just noticed that there is a £4.95 postage charge with that mask, almost doubling the price.

I hadn't thought about the possible steamed up glasses problem, but as that one has an adjustable nose wire it may minimise that issue.

If you can't get away with ear loops or ties then how about a 'snood' type?
    Heres a fun range with animal faces:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/eBoutik-Ban...Y9YJTAJ3A1YJ78
    Last edited by nukecad; 12-06-20 at 03:53.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

I wasn't sure if I could post links to products now you have I will add mine too. I think the first one you linked to Nuke is good. Here's the one my family member has:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Protectiv...n/373037501066

A bit cheeky, but has anyone noticed how a lot of advertising pictures for masks look like they're putting knickers/briefs over their ears?

Dig through your undie drawer.

Yes!

I hadn't noticed that before especially on my link the big pic at the top right hand corner stretched knickers!

I've been making my own masks, surgical style, cotton front & back plus a couple of layers of interfacing (non woven material to stop the fine droplets as cotton will just let those through).

Comment on BBC Breakfast a moment ago about 'pants on your head'.

Either someone there is reading this thread, or they have noticed the adverts as well.

Have they been peeking at our thread!

Probably lot's of things you could make from a pair of Knickers if you thought about it