Thread: AP pro-rata refund?

AP pro-rata refund?

If during the award, your circumstances change prompting a decrease in mobility from enhanced to standard, does your advanced payment get refunded pro-rata for the time remaining?

I'm not sure what you are asking there quest?

I thought your PIP mobility award had just been increased not reduced?

I'm also not sure what 'advanced payment' you mean?

Could you clarify the question?
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    I'm not sure what you are asking there quest?

I thought your PIP mobility award had just been increased not reduced?

I'm also not sure what 'advanced payment' you mean?

Could you clarify the question?
    Sure thing. Yea my mobility was increased. The Advanced Payment I mention is in relation to a motability car.

If during the term of the PIP award (and subsequent motability lease), a persons circs change (e.g. start employment/study), and DWP decide to lower the award to standard, thereby causing someone to return the vehicle, does the motability Advanced Payment get refunded pro-rata for the time you used it?

e.g. a vehicle with a £700 AP. Then start work 6 months into the lease. DWP reduce the award because of change in employment. Does the AP get refunded in-part?

Duhh, I hadn't noticed this was in the motoring sub-forum. (I use the 'New Posts' button rather than looking at each sub-forum).

If I had noticed that it would have been obvious what advanced payment you meant.

Not sure of the answer to your question though, someone with more experience of the Motability scheme may know.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Quest. In answer to your question. I would say yes. you would be entitled to a pro-rata refund of the AP. You could ring mobility customer service to confirm this is the case. I am sure it is.
    Last edited by joss; 11-06-20 at 09:10. Reason: spelling

From the Motability site, under 'Our price guarantee'. https://www.motability.co.uk/about/h...cost-for-cars/

If you lose the allowance during your lease , we will make arrangements for the return of the car and you will not have to make any further payments for the lease. Your Advance Payment will be refunded to you on a pro rata basis.

Thank you so much guys. Very helpful for a new customer.