Thread: PIP Telephone assessment

PIP Telephone assessment

Hi all,

I know we're in the realms of the unknown a little at the minute with PIP telephone assessments but I wonder if anyone can shed some light on the process after the telephone assessment is complete.

I had my assessment last Friday with Capita - how long until the report is sent to the DWP, will they notify me by text upon receipt and any idea how long until a decision is made? Capita told me that the usual timeframe from assessment to decision is around 4 weeks but right now it may be nearer 8 weeks. But I also read new PIP claims are down in numbers and some people have reported a decision within 2-3 weeks.

Any help would be appreciated.

Two of my friends (in Nottingham) had their phone assessments within a week of each other and both got their reply this week.

It took 5 weeks for the decisions to come through.

My result took juat four weeks.
    Call me Mike.

Thanks, 4-5 weeks isn't too bad then I suppose.

Dare I ask, were the outcomes favourable?

Quote Originally Posted by leicesterguyuk View Post
    Thanks, 4-5 weeks isn't too bad then I suppose.

Dare I ask, were the outcomes favourable?
    Both components increased to enhanced from standard, I felt the Capita assessor actually helped me answer some questions, if you know what I mean. (wink)
    Call me Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by gus607 View Post
    Both components increased to enhanced from standard, I felt the Capita assessor actually helped me answer some questions, if you know what I mean. (wink)
    Ah, so yours was a reassessment? Maybe that would explain the quicker turnaround.

That's interesting that you say you felt the Capita assessor helped you. My lady assessor seemed very understanding, wasn't pushy and didn't try to put words into my mouth. For example when telling her how far I could walk, she would repeat what I said, not trying to suggest I could do more as I often hear reported. She also often agreed with me with things such as safety concerns when talking about doing things around the house and even added bits on to my words.

One thing that did surprise me, although she'd clearly read my PIP50 form and supporting evidence in detail, she asked about my medication (names, dosages, frequencies) in great length. Although important it doesn't really say much about what I can and can't do. Hopefully it won't go against me and similarly I hope her apparent full understanding of my condition and needs hasn't lured me into a false sense of security. Time will tell!

I hope all goes well for you.
    Call me Mike.