Thread: When will we receive an update regarding pip reviews and reassessments..

When will we receive an update regarding pip reviews and reassessments..

My pip was due to be reviewed this month and sent my form back in January and received text message the 6th of February from dwp saying they had received it, I was then contacted by independent assessment services at the end of February stating they were going to request information from health workers, I haven’t received any news since can we expect any update any time soon...

Your PIP award will continue for the time being, and will be extended if it reaches the end date.

The latest that I have seen is this letter/page which was posted yesterday on Rightsnet (the professional advisors forum):

https://www.rightsnet.org.uk/?ACT=39...a0Y&board_id=1

If your award is due to end then they send that letter the day before it's due to end, so you won't get the letter until after that date.
    (The big advice organisations are already shouting at them about that).

The situation with 'normal' reviews that were already underway is not spelled on that particular page, but unless they have all the information that they think they need then the review will be put 'on-hold' and awards will be extended until they can get that information.

They should contact you again once 'normal' reviews start to happen, - but don't expect them to send any updates in the meantime.

New claims, and claimant reported changes of circumstance, are still being actioned.
    Last edited by nukecad; 17-06-20 at 09:27.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Thank you nuke much appreciated..

Just to add;

If your review was already underway, and if Atos/Capita do think they have enough informantion then they will make a recommendation to the DWP.

It has been noticed - and noticed/admitted by the DWP themselves - that PIP recommendations (both new and reviews) made under the Covid paper/telephone only process are tending to be lower than they would expect to see with face to face reviews.

For once the DWP are acting quickly about looking into this, I believe they have already told Decision Makers to be aware of too low recommendations from HCPs, and of course you still have the right to MR and appeal if you feel that any award made award is too low.
    Last edited by nukecad; 17-06-20 at 09:43.

just a quick update this morning I received a letter from the dwp stating that my award has been extended to the 21st of December and have found my original award letter that my award was up-to the 21st of June 2020, today’s letter also states that this may change if we are able to complete the review of your pip award before this date..

That will be the same letter I posted a link to above.

Good to see that they are now sending them out a bit earlier.

Thanks nuke you always put my mind at ease with your information and knowledge...