Thread: How many are waiting for assessment?

Number of people waiting for assessment.

A parliamentry question got a reply on Friday that gives interesting figures on how many are currently waiting for a PIP, ESA or UC assessment.

As all reassessment referals are now on-hold then the current (May) figures will be just for new claims (with a few reassessments that were already in the process).

https://www.parliament.uk/business/p...20-06-10/58013

The queue for PIP has gone down (but probably not as much as it should have) while the queue for WCAs have gone up.

Less people are making new claims for PIP than the same time last year- that's been documented, new PIP claims in April were 40% down on April last year.
    Plus they have been doing all new claim PIP assessments by phone, whereas new claim WCAs are only being done by phone if they think you will qualify for SG/LCWRA.

The PIP queue was increasing until March but has since reduced, the WCA queues were going down until March but have since shot up.
    Last edited by nukecad; 24-06-20 at 15:26.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

I received a text from dwp on the 6th of February saying they have received my pip review form and was contacted by independent assessment services in early March saying that they are requesting more information from health care officials and last week received a letter saying that my award as been extended to December because my current award was up for review by the 20th of June I just wish I knew one way or the other it’s overwhelming me a lot..

Sorry misunderstood you and have now read the link.

So these waiting are mostly I expect new claims and change of circumstances?

Do you have any theories as to why PIP was getting so bogged down nukecad? Before the virus ithe waiting times were getting worse and worse and this data showes it was actually getting worse. Yet average pip award duration is longer than ESA so it seems odd there is more pending assessments.
    Last edited by worried33; 24-06-20 at 14:57.

Dunno why the PIP queue was going up pre-covid, maybe there had simply been a lot of new claims/reclaims at the end of last year who were waiting for assessment?

I think you'd need to look a more figures from further back last year to try and spot any pre-covid trend.

Remember that these are people waiting for an assessment (not waiting for a decision after assessment), so the hold up/backlog pre-covid would seem to have been at the assessors and not the DWP.

That was a big drop between Feb and March, and that surely can't be down to the reduction of new claims during lockdown because lockdown didn't start until March 23.
    It may be partially explained by them extending PIP claims for those who had already reapplied, and so taking those who were reclaiming out of the 'waiting for assessment' figures. (Because they were no longer waiting for an assessmet, they'd been given an extension instead).
    Last edited by nukecad; 24-06-20 at 15:31.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.