Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which Benefit Sends People Out To Watch Your Home?

Which Benefit Sends People Out To Watch Your Home?

A few years ago I was up for renewal for ESA & go from DLA to PIP. I had people watching my home to see if I was telling the truth about how few times I go out & that it's always with someone pushing me in a wheelchair or on a mobility scooter.

This October I'ts going to be six months before the end of my PIP award so watching what's happening with Covid 19 & assessments closely.

So which benefits sends people out to watch you? PIP or ESA? or was it because I was going from DLA to PIP?

Thank You

I believe it can happen with any benefit, but it's not very common and more likely to happen if someone has reported you.

Quote Originally Posted by StarBright View Post
    A few years ago I was up for renewal for ESA & go from DLA to PIP. I had people watching my home to see if I was telling the truth about how few times I go out & that it's always with someone pushing me in a wheelchair or on a mobility scooter.

This October I'ts going to be six months before the end of my PIP award so watching what's happening with Covid 19 & assessments closely.

So which benefits sends people out to watch you? PIP or ESA? or was it because I was going from DLA to PIP?

Thank You
    Not sure if the DWP do have spies out and about now like insurance companies do, (they used to) Before my brother in law became my brother in law he was a spy for benefits claimants. He had wigs moustaches all the bits for a steak out. Good money too as he is not short in his retirement.

Quote Originally Posted by mooz View Post
    all the bits for a steak out. Good money too.....
    Plus the new covid handouts give 50%, or £10, off the price of a steak when dining out.
    (Sorry, couldn't resist that one).

As noisynoodle says the DWP can send invistigators out for any benefit if there is a 'reasonable suspicion' that you may be claiming fraudulently.
    Of course just what counts as 'reasonable suspicion' is another question.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Hmm,

Reasonable suspicion that really could mean anything

Where I live it's hard to see both my front & back doors so there has to be two different people in two different places. One was particularly a numpty he stuck out like a sore thumb waiting to see me in my kitchen window to see if I was in.

I did my worst hardest glare... little did he know that he was sat on the grass leaning up against a tree that every local male dog watered many times a day & once he pretended to look up at the sun as if he was sunbathing got up & walked off. I'm sure dog wee smelt great in his car!

Or someone reported me
    Last edited by StarBright; 11-07-20 at 13:24.

Don't worry about it.

I know for certain that I have been reported at least 3 times for working while claiming ESA, probably more.

Most of the time the people doing the reporting simply don't understand benefit rules and think that they are doing a public service.
    One of the positive things about the coronavirus is that a lot of the 'general public' have now had a taste of the benefits system so may understand it a bit better.
    Of course there are always some malicious buggers.

The DWP have a legal duty to consider, and maybe investigate, every report even if it's anonymous.

If you are not doing anything fraudulent then it's not a problem, just a waste of the DWPs time and money.
    Last edited by nukecad; 11-07-20 at 13:40.

Thanks Nuke,

It's something that's been in the back of my mind for a long time I've for the most part forgotten about it, it's come back in to my mind because of PIP coming up for renewal. No I'm not doing anything fraudulent & after them watching me I had a PIP home F2F which I got 4 years review after 3 & then a couple of years later last year ESA 3 years so hopefully those alone mean I'm not doing anything wrong.

But I do understand that they have to check out what has been said.

I will bury it again to the back of my mind

PS. Perhaps that guy against the tree likes the smell of dog pee? There are a lot of strange people in the world.

LOL - Thinking about that - you are not walking around in your underwear and attracting peepers are you?

My secrets out Nuke! except I also wear my face mask

Even more LOL.

I moderate a couple of foruns, you should see what people post when only wearing masks.
    They usually get filtered so regular members can"t see them.