Thread: Unexpected letter from DWP

Unexpected letter from DWP

When I saw a letter from DWP in the post today I assumed it was finally a decision about my ESA which has been under reassessment since last December. When I opened it, however, it was from PIP. My PIP award expires next May so hadn't expected to hear from them yet, but this said they'd looked at my award again and decided to award enhanced on both components for an ongoing period with the next review not due until after July 2030. I was very (pleasantly) surprised! I'd already started to dread reassessment so finding it's all been done on paper and for at least 10 years was just amazing
    Last edited by noisynoodle; 16-07-20 at 16:32.

Wow!

Think that's a letter we all dream of getting very pleased for you

It's a review that they are doing for those on Enhancef PIP after giving ongoing awards to all pensioners.

It was on hold due to corona but obviously they have started looking at it again.

I think I posted an example of the letter a few months back?
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

I think I remember something about that, yes, now you mention it - I'd pretty much dismissed it as not applying to me and forgotten about it so this was a real surprise today.

Congratulations noisy

Mmm, the letter that I was thinking of was the one sent to those approaching pension age.

More information of the review for non-pension age PIP claimants, with Enhanced both, that may give 'ongoing' PIP with 10 year Light Touch reviews:
    https://www.youreable.com/forums/sho...l=1#post167166

PS. The pension age letter example is in the first post of that thread.

I assume that noisy's letter is similar, but with a different reason stated in "Why have we done this"?

I believe that it says something like -
    "When we made our previous decision we gave you PIP for a set time because we expected your needs to change. I have reviewed the information and have decided your needs are continuing. I have decided to award you PIP for a longer time. Your rate of PIP has not changed. I have made my decision using the information we hold…"
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

The reason given is as you stated there Nukecad. I did turn 60 in April (the old state pension age for women) so not sure if that had any bearing on the early review and decision, although with the changes to pension age I now don't reach that until I'm 66. The way the letter is worded does sound like it's the new longer award for some of those below pension age on enhanced PIP.
    Last edited by noisynoodle; 17-07-20 at 05:45.

Well done would like one of these myself!