Thread: SDP question

SDP question

My wife has just just been accepted on to pip. She is now entitled to SDP. Can anyone tell me what happens when our eldest son turns 18, as this was a question they asked when filling out the form.
    Will she lose it if he's still living with us?

I believe so, unless he qualifies for PIP/DLA himself.

Once he turns 18 then he will become a non-dependant adult. (It's 16 if not in education).
    Which in turn means that unless he also has PIP/DLA that rules out her having SDP while he is living with you as a non dependant.

It will also affect any Housing Benefit and Council Tax Relief that you may currently get.
    https://secure.manchester.gov.uk/inf...il_tax_support

Which brings another thought - I believe that you have PIP DL yourself so with your partner now also having PIP DL that would entitle you to couples rate SDP, but not if you are living with a non-dependant adult.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.