Thread: Reassessment PIP?

Reassessment PIP?

Hi all.

Just need a little advice or reassurance.

Basically, I was due to be reassessed at the end of last year for PIP, nothing has happened though. My award was three years from December 2017 (well, August, but the award letter was from December), and I'm aware they usually reassess people earlier (my PA4 thing says to reassess me in two years from the date they assessed me in 2017). What should I do? I'm getting progressively more nervous??? I understand that they're swamped with stuff from COVID-19 etc. but what does it mean for people like me? Will my award just run out or what?

My health has deteriorated pretty significantly in various areas as well, and I see a wide range of people in various specialties in tertiary care hospitals, so I'm worried about how to get evidence now. I'm still under the care of my local CMHT as well, but I don't particularly trust them much. I'm just really nervous. I'm also shielding and struggle a lot with phone calls (panic attacks, etc.), how would assessment work if they wanna see me? Last assessment I had was paper based for ESA (stayed in SG).

This is just making my anxiety so bad. Sorry. Just need a little direction of what to do or what to expect?

They are automatically extending all PIP awards that are due to end during the covid crisis.

You will get a letter about that nearer December when yours was due to end.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/c...ents-suspended
    where awards are due to expire, we will be extending end-dates so that claimants continue to receive financial support at their current rate during this period.
    They are not doing any face to face assessments at the moment.
    New claims for PIP, and changes of circumstances, are being assessed on paper only or by telephone.
    Existing PIP awards are simply being extended at the current rates.

If you want to ring them they will confirm that.
    Last edited by nukecad; 20-07-20 at 16:42.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Ah, thank you so much!

Hiya. I had a review form in march and sent it back. I did expect for it to be put on hold. Bit today I've received a letter from the dwp, and no f2f req and extended till 2023

As long as a F2F is not needed then they are still processing forms that were sent in before lockdown.

They can either do them by telephone, or as in your case if it's clear enough then they can do it on paper only with no assessment needed.

You can relax again for a couple of years.

That’s great news wowmee I sent my review back in January and received Text in early February confirming receipt and didn’t hear nothing until Friday the 17th of July saying confirming receipt again via text

I've heard today that they have stated sending PIP review forms out again.

Nothing official as yet but it seems that a few have been recieved by claimants this week.

I suppose that means they’ll start sending out UC 50 again