Thread: Anybody at all booking for holiday abroad?!

Anybody at all booking for holiday abroad?!

Hi Peeps, Hoping all members and families are as well as can be, under the circs.

Well, as can be read on other posts, we have now finally be reimbursed, in total, from what should have been our 10 days in Albufeira, booked to fly in middle of April!...so after a total 12 weeks and many emails, online chats, etc., etc., we are back at square 1 where we were in January! A couple of points I want to make is although we booked with Loveholidays and flights with Ryanair, Loveholidays we pretty quick in refunding hotel/transfers, but it was RA who were dragging their feet in not reimbursing LH (if we believe what LH say) who in turn would not refund us, even though this was a package holiday booking. Point is though, 1st time these companies put in this position, and OK I can understand LH holding back on flight refunds if they did not have the cash surplus, but Ryanair, have been total & complete B*******, as it is known that they have a reserve of £5 BILLION (yes, a B not a M!) which is the largest cash surplus of any airline even though it is one of the smallest. So they have always been in position of being able to refund flight costs. Anything else I will not believe!

Hence, as title says it all really...Are any members or friends actually re-booking or booking to go abroad over the last few months of 2020? Only asking as there now seems to be agreements with some 'holiday destinations'. However, we haven't even looked so do not know what the prices are now like, whether the airlines or holdiay cmpanies are increasing their prices dramatically, or if there are still deals to be had due to all many 100's of 1k's of cancellations.

Wifey has said not to even bother looking and has literally said we ai't going anywhere until next year, bearing in mind what destinations may be like when you arrive and that it would be a waste of money anyway. Think we are having to make do with what has become annual 5 days in Scarborough. Always enjoy it, know the area and the people.

So, let me know what you're plans are :-)

Many thanks.

I am looking to go on my usual Turkey break in October but will not book flights until last minute as the people I stop with will get me in somewhere even at their home if needs be. Just having to play it by ear.

My sister and I were looking at the Canaries at the end of August but common sense prevailed on my part and I said the future is very uncertain so didn't book. Looking at the latest government info tonight it's a good job it wasn't booked although I suspect Spanish holidays will be cancelled again for goodness knows how long. Mind you we could both self isolate on return with no work consequences.

Depending on what is happening by mid November I just may think about the Canaries in December.

I don't think that I would even consider leaving the country for a holiday.

As we have seen things can change in days and you may get stuck abroad, either becase of a flare up ('second wave' in the political speak) here, or a flare up wherever you have gone to.

Never mind the risk of infection, the politicians certainly don't, but if you get stuck abroad it's going to cost a fortune besides anything else.

Come for a holiday in rainy Cumbria, the mountains are spectacular to look at this time of year, we'll even let you in the pub if you are not coughing.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Well, i think todays (yesterdays late news) actually confirms what wifey says....Not going anywhere abroad, this year...not to get 'marooned' & as Nuke says, costing a fortune whilst over there 'cos we ain't gonna be getting insurance to cover any hotel or medical costs!

I know Cumbria pretty well, Nuke. had 'family' who live(d) in lake district & a good few years spent there! Also spent 6 weeks in Kendal-working-but had pleasure of spending many evenings in the beautiful place.

So, maybe it is to be Scarborough, but for a few days more than normal 5 days. Hope weather bucks up for when we manage to get away.

And, Hi Beau, glad you still have the option of gatting abroad & as you say, benefit of staying with people you know...bit different than being lumped together with crowd of strangers! Hope all goes well and nothing untoward spoils your plans.

Cheers for the replies!

I like Kendal, but these days it's a bit too close the the M6 and so full of day trippers.

Come up to the North West corner, Workington, Whitehaven, Cockermouth, Egremont - and don't forget Scafell Pike and Wastwater the higest mountain and deepest lake in England right next to each other.
    The Coast to Coast walk and cycle routes start a few miles from my house.

It takes longer to get here because there is no motorway, and the bigger towns can look industrial and a bit grotty.
    But the countryside is worth the effort.
    Turn left off the motorway at Carnforth and come up the coast road, it's a nice drive.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

When we had the tourer we used to stay at Bolton-le-Sands on a farm site right on the side of Morecombe Bay and when the tide was in the access road was flooded. Toured the whole area. Absolutely beautiful. Had many an enjoyable break there.