Thread: UC and non dependant.

UC and non dependant.

Hello.

Not sure if anyone can help but something has been worrying us deeply the last few weeks,
    havent heard about UC credit change over yet but noticed in the local paper it said something about november 2020?
    main reason for the worry, mum is now 78 and she lives with me but by the looks of the UC rules she wouldnt be classed as a non dependant?
    when we looked at the list excluded she doesnt seem to cover any,
    she is really making herself ill worrying because the rent aspect alone 75 pounds down would make it impossible us carrying on living here.

because its a really complex situation is there a way this could be taken into account or is the system that narrow they just dont care

November 2020 is when they want to start the 'Pilot migrations' again they were put on hold for covid, unless you live in or near Harrogate then I wouldn't be too bothered.
    Even there they only invite people to migrate, they cant make them.

As your mum is 78 then I don't see how UC could affect her at all, it's a 'working age' benefit.

I'm not sure where you are getting the £75 down from?
    If/when you are managed migrated to UC then there will be Transitional Protection to make sure that you are no worse off than before.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    November 2020 is when they want to start the 'Pilot migrations' again they were put on hold for covid, unless you live in or near Harrogate then I wouldn't be too bothered.
    Even there they only invite people to migrate, they cant make them.

As your mum is 78 then I don't see how UC could affect her at all, it's a 'working age' benefit.

I'm not sure where you are getting the £75 down from?
    If/when you are managed migrated to UC then there will be Transitional Protection to make sure that you are no worse off than before.
    thank you that does help a great deal, like for many these past few months have really thrown some bricks at us