Thread: Warm Home Discount 2020/2021 Opening Soon £140 Off Your Electricity Bill

Warm Home Discount 2020/2021 Opening Soon £140 Off Your Electricity Bill

As the nights are drawing in I've thought about the £140 you can get added to your electricity bill to help pay for the winter bill if you are on certain benefits. On the Gov website it say's the scheme will open on the 12th of October. On the last page it gives all the links to the different energy suppliers who are doing the warm home discount scheme so keep checking to see when this years form pops up for your supplier.

Here is the link to the Gov website:

https://www.gov.uk/the-warm-home-discount-scheme

Thanks for posting this. Checked it out and found British Gas warm home discount is open for application NOW so it's a good idea for BG customers to apply right away.

I logged on to the BG site over the weekend just to see by any chance that they had opened the scheme up They had so I applied there and then and got a notification more or less straight away that I had been successful .

Pleased British Gas is up & running now

I'm with SSE & they still have last years one up saying it's closed I remember last year all the different company's opened them at different times I think the 12th of October is the "official" open day but keep checking every day get in early

Scottish power is already opened I applied a few weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by StarBright View Post
    As the nights are drawing in I've thought about the £140 you can get added to your electricity bill to help pay for the winter bill if you are on certain benefits. On the Gov website it say's the scheme will open on the 12th of October. On the last page it gives all the links to the different energy suppliers who are doing the warm home discount scheme so keep checking to see when this years form pops up for your supplier.

Here is the link to the Gov website:

https://www.gov.uk/the-warm-home-discount-scheme
    Im with British Gas ,my application is in already, just because your application is in and successfull doesn`t mean you get it.Ive been applying for years and got it every year some years they ask for proof of benefits some they dont

Quote Originally Posted by StarBright View Post
    Pleased British Gas is up & running now

I'm with SSE & they still have last years one up saying it's closed I remember last year all the different company's opened them at different times I think the 12th of October is the "official" open day but keep checking every day get in early
    Exactly the same thing with EDF

SSE has opened theirs today & SSE are supposed to be in with OVO now so if your with OVO that one may be open now too so worth a check.

I've got mine in

I think there will be a heck of a lot more people this year eligible because so many more people are on benefits now

thanks, octopus energy doesnt have applications opened yet but has a form to request to be notified which I filled out.