Thread: Specimen PIP Form???

Specimen PIP Form???

Hi Nukecad and all,
    I was just wondering if you happened to know if there was an online specimen of the PIP form available that doesn't have the word specimen written all over it, please?

I thought since there's not much else doing at the mo, I'd start making notes for when my renewal comes around, I can add to it as time goes on and update every few months, so that when the time comes, my written responses are ready to put on to the proper form, ( I know official claim forms have a barcode but this is purely for personal use ) which saves a last minute rush.
    Sadly, all I can find so far, are examples with " specimen " written on every page and they look a mess, I'd far rather use a clean sample, so I'd be really grateful if you could point me in the direction of one if you had any idea where there was one.

Many thanks as per usual for any help. I hope you are keeping well and coping well with everything that's going on.

You are in luck, the DWP have always avoided putting one online but they have been running a trial and as part of that trial posted a 'clean' PIP2 on a Beta website.

It was only to be used by people on that trial who were specifically told to download and use it, but it's still there - at least for now.

There is a standard version as a PDF, and a special 'Accessible' version as a word processor, .docx, document which was only for the trial.
    You want the standard PDF one.

Download and save it in case this webpage disappears.

https://www.apply-for-pip.dwp.gov.uk...lp-information

If that page does disappear then there is a word processor, .docx, version done by one of the advisors on rightsnet that 'mimics' the standard PIP2.
    You should be able to open it in any modern word processor.
    They've been using this during covid to help clients over the phone, then posting it to the client to copy into the official form a bit like what you are wanting to do.
    https://www.rightsnet.org.uk/?ACT=39...8T4&board_id=1
    Last edited by nukecad; 28-08-20 at 02:21.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Nukecad, you are an absolute marvel and indeed, a legend!
    Very many thanks as always - I really don't know what we'd do without you!
    Have a great weekend

Nukecad - ditto everything Priffy has said, as I too have downloaded the form, as my PIP ends early next year and although I absolutely dread the completion of PIP forms
    especially as help cannot be face to face now, I know it will benefit me, to get a start on completing the PIP forms, ready for when that nasty envelope drops through the door.

Obviously that downloadable form is ony to be used to practice/make a start; don't send it to the DWP.

You'll need to copy what you have done of that one into the 'official' barcoded form that they send you.

(Although I do wonder what would happen if you just put "See Attached" on the official form and sent both back, I don't see why that should be any different to typing your answers on seperate sheets and putting "See Attached"?)

Here's an interesting one:

https://questions-statements.parliam...20-08-28/82607

PIP2's to be moved online by the end of the year, he talks about "PIP Apply" but as every PIP renewal is a new application it should be the same for renewals as well.

Well I guess they can't say they never received it in the post....and you could for once have enough space to write all your prescriptions & illnesses down instead of having to add lots of extra paper you have to add your name, national insurance number & what section it apply's too....

I wonder/worry if it will be like the UC online application where if you don't take screenshots of each page then you have no record of what you wrote.

I see what you mean. That's really the same problem with written ones because once you have posted it unless you keep a copy of what you said in the form then if lost by them or the post you have to start again too

I have always done my applications the way Flymo did his in the sticky - only filling in the minimum ( "please see attached" for each typed answer, boxes ticked etc.) on the form the DWP sends me, with all the further information answers typed (on my trusty phone), numbered, printed and enclosed with the form. One page per question, each page with my name and nino, of course. Nicer to look at as a printed page than my handwriting ever was, although these days I am just plain unable to write.