Thread: Virgin Media Essential Broadband Plan For Existing Customers First £15 Must Be On U/C

Virgin Media Essential Broadband Plan For Existing Customers First £15 Must Be On U/C

Virgin are launching a broadband only plan for existing customers at first on Universal Credit for £15 a month 15mb

It's being launched this Autumn:

https://www.virginmedia.com/corporat...al-difficulty1

Mmm, that didn't look right at only 15 Mb for £15 a month.

Checking the link it's a download speed of 15 Mbps, I can't find what the data cap is - or even if there will be one?

Like BT Virgin have removed all data caps during Covid.

I do note though that the Virgin statement says 'during the Covid crisis'; hopefully this will be a premanent change to unlimited data?
    (BT have already confirmed that all their broadband packages will remain as unlimited even after Covid).

Virgin Media has also taken action during the Covid crisis to give customers the connectivity,
    data, entertainment and flexibility needed. This included providing 10GB of mobile data at no
    extra cost; introducing more kids and entertainment programming; removing data caps on any
    broadband plans that still had them,
    and giving customers more flexibility over their services
    such as the ability to temporarily pause sports subscriptions when live events were suspended.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

It's permanent I think because the best deal I could get with Virgin before covid was 20 speed capped at 30. I used to be waiting on the next allowance day to start so I could use the internet not a great idea for me to be capped but that was the lowest deal at the time I could get with them & didn't want to go through a phone line change but I did find Now broadband would put a line in for free you loose your phone number though.

That cost me £22 a month.

During Covid I had an email from Virgin saying they are removing the cap for good, that they will never cap my broadband again. Then I had another email saying they put me up to 100 speed free.

So I think like BT the caps are gone for now & I do know they do a 20 speed though they do not advertise this anywhere.

Perhaps there will be more info when they start the deal just saying Autumn at the mo.

Speed is not really a problem these days unless you are online gaming, or have a big family all using it at once on different devices.
    For general surfing use 7 Mbps or above is fine.
    Higher speeds tend to be more of an advertising point rather than a necessity.

It does look like data caps are becoming a thing of the past for landline broadband and all companies will have to go unlimited for everything if they want to compete.
    Mobile broadband and phones are a different story, especially PAYG, but we can hope.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

I agree that the speeds that Virgin have on their website are their advertising strategy & I in no way need 100 I was good on 20 plenty for me though not sure if 11mb is fast enough to watch youube video's?