Thread: Short notice for ESA health assessment

Short notice for ESA health assessment

Hi there

My son has just received today (7 Sept) a letter with his telephone health assessment for 9 September. This seems very short notice. The letter is dated 4 September. Are we able to request more time?
    Thanks.

I believe that unless you have said on the ESA50 that you will accept less notice then they are still supposed to give you at least seven days, even for a telephone assessment.

Normally you can cancel a WCA once without giving any reason, after that you have to show 'Good Reason' for cancelling.
    I'm not sure if that still applies with telephone assessments, I think you can cancel (or miss the call) multiple times.

But if you do cancel it may be weeks or even months before you get another appointment, many would prefer to get it done ASAP.

If you miss the call then ring them to reschedule, your ESA will not be stopped.

You cannot be found fit-for-work by telephone assessment.

Here is their information page about telephone assessments:
    https://www.chdauk.co.uk/information...ne-assessments

TBH, unless something has changed recently, I believe that they are only calling those who they are already pretty sure should be in Support Group but just need to confirm a few things.
    Last edited by nukecad; 07-09-20 at 13:34.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Thank you. I think we’ll just leave it at Wednesday - only 2 days of anxiety rather than a few weeks!

Will my claim be stopped as a result of my telephone assessment?

Your claim will not be stopped as a result of the telephone assessment. If the healthcare professional is unable to complete a full report during the telephone assessment you will receive a letter to let you know. We will contact you with details of a face-to-face assessment as soon as we can. In the meantime, your claim will continue as normal.
    Yeah so they simply defer for a later face to face if a decision cannot be made to extend award based on telephone assessment, this sounds like the way things should work going forward even after the pandemic.