Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Flu Vaccine Letter For People Who Were Shielding

Flu Vaccine Letter For People Who Were Shielding

I got a letter from my GP's today saying that anyone who was on the shielding list for Covid 19 will get a flu injection. Not only the person who is on the shielding list but anyone else who is in the household who lives with them.

There are two options make an appointment at GP's & go there & the other one is the local community nurses will come to your home but anyone else who lives in the household will need to be there when the nurse comes because they won't come back to the same household again which is fair enough.

To be honest I think most people who were on the shielding list would of had free flu injections every year anyway but you never know could pick a few more people up I guess.

I suppose it's more for the extended houshold rather than just those who are shielding.

Not heard from my GP about the flu jab yet, they usually do a mass 'jab clinic' about the end of Sept but I can't see them doing that this year.

I did get a letter from the NHS yesterday, they now want a sample of my stool every 2 years to check for bowel cancer.
    The joys of turning sixty.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Mass injecting is still going on at mine instead of waiting in the que inside this year you have to stand in the car park. The letter's instructions for getting the jab at the surgery is quiet funny.

1, Do not arrive early or late
    2, There will be no seats to sit down so tell the person looking after the que if this will be a problem for you (what would they do as your not allowed to sit down push to front of que?
    3, wear easy to remove clothing on the top half to expose arm
    4, Bring an umbrella as you will be standing outside & will need it if it rains
    5, when in room for injection you are not allowed to touch anything
    6, You can not put anything down like clothing E.G coat on a chair
    7, bring your own hand sanitiser or use ours

4 clinics Every Saturday in October they are doing the children this month.
    Last edited by StarBright; 20-09-20 at 13:22.

Some suggestions are comical, what if like me you can't hold an umbrella.
    I think I would be tempted to reply and suggest they put gazebos in the carpark for shelter.

I thought that too beau, you need to be a juggler what with the umbrella coat & your top to get your arm

Quote Originally Posted by StarBright View Post
    I thought that too beau, you need to be a juggler what with the umbrella coat & your top to get your arm
    I have to hang on to my walking frame to hold myself upright so I don't fall over as I have no sense of balance therefore no hands free.

I'd like to see what the marshal looking after the que would do & the nurse come to that!

Didn't spies used to shoot injections out of rolled up umbrellas?

Maybe the NHS is missing a trick?

(PS. I suddenly have a strong sense of deja-vu about that comment, maybe I've posted it before?)

I'm not getting near your umbrella nuke!

I think they are missing a trick though you know when everything was shut down for covid (possibly heading that way again thanks to shelfish people) & they were not giving B12 injections I looked it up online & found something about why are B12 injections given why can't they be made as a self injectable like insulin it was said it's something to look into, thinking about the flu injection could that be made in a self injectable too?

Thinking cheaper for the NHS as you would just pick the injection up & not have to juggle things in the rain

Not everyone is happy with injecting themselves, maybe if they could sort out the issues with a nasal spray for older adults.

And then there is the potential issue of people getting a home flu jab and giving (or selling) it to someone else.

The stool sample I mentioned above is now a home kit that you do yourself and send back to them in the post, I wonder what the posties think about that?