Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Flu Vaccine Letter For People Who Were Shielding

Still with us, but not well according to some faceache posts he's made in the last couple of weeks. (The first he's made since February).
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Oh dear

Lets hope it gets better asap for him

I never could understand why some members didn't seem to take to flymo, he certainly did help many on here.
    As for the Flu injection as seniors we have both had ours whilst my daughters has been put back until the end of October as the GP has no vaccine
    Sea Queen

[QUOTE=sea queen;172848]I never could understand why some members didn't seem to take to flymo, he certainly did help many..
    [\QUOTE]
    It's one of those things.

People want simple answers but unfortunately benefits are not simple.

Flymo could tend at times to get heavilly into the legal areas, he was doing a law degree after all.

I'm aware that I can also be guilty of that - at times it is needed, but may not be the simple answer that someone is looking for.

Flymo taught me a few things when first joined here and was new to this stuff.

I,m booked in for my flu jab on Tuesday.
    I have an appointed time

Had a text from the GP surgery today.

"Due to unprecedented times and the demands on the flu vaccine this year we are sorry but we are cancelling the walk in flu clinic on 16th October".
    That's it, nothing else.
    Nothing about them rearranging a different date, where to get one yourself instead, or anything else.

Looking on the website they seem to be implying that 'due to high demand' they ran out of vaccine doing the over 65's this week so don't have enough to do under 65s.
    Odd that, because it's a different vaccine for under 65s.

They will be making appointments for at-risk under 65s "when we recieve the next drop off of vaccine".
    Under 65s not in an at-risk group will have to wait until November/December (provided there is sufficent vaccine).

Reading between the lines it looks to me as if there is a shortage of the under 65s vaccine, or a problem with distribution.

Anybody else seeing anything similar?

Nukecad, have you tried your local chemist?

I'm not particularly in any rush.

Like many I hardly left the house even before Covid lockdown, and now wear a mask when I do.

I was just wondering about the U-65 vaccine supply situation and if any shortages are national or regional.

I'm not particularly in any rush.

Like many I hardly left the house even before Covid lockdown, and now wear a mask when I do.

I was just wondering about the U-65 vaccine supply situation and if any shortages are national or regional.