Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can I have a new phone please Mr PM?

That was a bummer nuke!

What's wrong with roadkill pheasant & grouse?

Plenty of roadkill badgers about too at the moment.

Cheaper than these supermarkets, and, fresher.

I could send relative out with a spade in the boot.

How do you cook yours gothitjulie?

Getting back to the rant thread. ONS has come up with some graphs first wave people worse off money wise was infected the most. This time it's the more wealthy people who are catching covid. This they say means that the people who went on holiday abroad have brought this second wave to the UK as I said in my above rant not having a holiday abroad this year won't hurt you (but your hurting us)

If only folks would stick to the rules.

yup so simple to do yet here we are again

Quote Originally Posted by StarBright View Post
    I could send relative out with a spade in the boot.

How do you cook yours gothitjulie?
    Grouse roasted with nettles or cabbage & blackberries from the neighbours overgrown garden.
    Pheasant much the same.
    I feed roadkill badgers raw to the neighbour's dogs to keep them quiet.

Don't eat roadkill cats, cats can carry COVID

Saw a freshly killed deer on the side of the road last night but didn't stop as it was in a dangerous place to retrieve.
    Last edited by gothitjulie; 29-09-20 at 13:07.

I'm not sure how many would be confident about butchering a full deer at home, not least because of hygiene concerns. (And the smell, and disposal of the waste).

Even rural dwellers tend to get their meat pre-packed in the supermarket, or at least already cut up by the local butcher.

Your local butcher may be willing to butcher larger roadkill for you, but will probably charge. (Half the carcass might do it if he wants the meat himself).

PS. Whilst eating roadkill or 'home slaughtered' animals is legal, it is not legal to sell or give away meat from roadkill or home slaughtered animals.
    Under EU Regulation (EC) No 853/2004 it is an offence to sell, or to supply to another person, meat that has not been slaughtered and health-marked in a licensed abattoir.
    There are rules about 'home slaughtering' as well, the term usually means killed on the farm rather than at an abattoir.
    (You wouldn't usually slaughter say a pig at your home if it wasn't a farm, but chickens/rabbits maybe).

PPS. It's not strictly legal to pick up roadkill that you have hit yourself, only animals that have been hit by others.
    I wouldn't recommend trying it anyway, the damage to your car can be costly. I've seen a Land Rover Defender radiator pushed right back into the engine by hitting a smallish pheasant.
    Last edited by nukecad; 29-09-20 at 14:25.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.