Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have my pip telephone review on Monday morning..

I have my pip telephone review on Monday morning..

I received a text yesterday saying that I will be having my pip review telephone appointment on Monday at 9.15 I am feeling totally overwhelmed and am dreading it I hate speaking on the phone at the best of times, can anyone tell me if they have experienced a telephone assessment and what to expect please.

Yes I have & was nothing at all to worry about, in fact much better than a f2f assessment any day.

Hey Dandare74,

I had the same text this morning with a call appointment for a week tomorrow. I had a look around the web and found a few sites that give info, they might help you too...

https://www.i-cann.net/pip-telephone-assessment-guide
    https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/be...ur-assessment/

Good luck.

That’s great thank you all..

Dandare 74 can i just ask you please when was your PIP due to end? Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by tony19 View Post
    Dandare 74 can i just ask you please when was your PIP due to end? Thank you
    June this year but was extended to December..

Having had my own telephone assessment a couple of months ago, which I didn't think went very well, the main thing I would say is treat it like a face to face. With face to face assessments, you are constantly being watched. With the phone one, I began to realise how I phrased things was being picked up by the assessor. There were at least a couple of direct traps I fell straight into. My assessment was at 8am so I wasn't very with it. Sorry that's probably not what you want to hear but, genuinely, beware of what you get coerced into saying.

Hi voc44 may I ask how you got on or are you still waiting?

Thank you for your reply Dandare74 i was getting worried because i hadnt heard nothing about my pip review as my PIP ends in Jan 2021. But this morning i got a letter stating my PIP has been extended until Oct 2021 so im feeling less stressed now.

Hi Dandare74. I am still waiting, nearly two months on. However, I had a missed call yesterday and saw the number was the PIP claims number (0800 121 4433). No message was left. From everything I have read online, a phone call from PIP at this stage of the assessment is generally to tell you that your claim is being stopped (anyone who knows of any different, I would really appreciate hearing of your experience, thanks). I'm not phoning them back as it'll just be a horrible experience. So, going by this missed call, I am awaiting a letter telling me my PIP has stopped.