Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I have my pip telephone review on Monday morning..

Yes voc44 I will keep you updated I received a phone call on Thursday saying that a women called Laura would be calling me to do the assessment and told me to have a fully charged phone and to be in a quiet place etc..

Thank you beau much appreciated I just want to get it out the way now to be honest..

I don't blame you. To be honest I had forgotten I had posted that newsletter link some months ago.

Wishing you well and that you are successful in your claim.

Well had my 90minute phone assessment this morning and don’t think it went to well to be honest and think I may have fell into a couple of traps and really started to struggle towards the end I got seriously tounge tired..

Quote Originally Posted by Dandare74 View Post
    Well had my 90minute phone assessment this morning and don’t think it went to well to be honest and think I may have fell into a couple of traps and really started to struggle towards the end I got seriously tounge tired..
    I'm sorry to hear this. 90 minutes sounds brutal, mine was 60 minutes. Like you, I really struggled towards the end which is when the traps seemed to come in. The assessor phrased questions in a manner that an automatic response would be positive. For example, with me I was asked if physio I had following my stroke helped. Now, my physiotherapists were great and did everything they could so I began by saying, "Well, I suppose so..." but then realised this was a trap and had to backtrack and point out that, while the physio had helped, it hadn't alleviated the lasting damage from the stroke. Like you, I found myself getting tongue tied at points like this. I found the phone assessment much nastier and insidiously done than the face to face.
    Anyway, try to forget about it for now and rest up.

Thanks voc44 I feel emotionally and mentally shattered now I just checked my phone the call lasted 1hour and 33minutes i should sleep well tonight am just dreading the brown envelopes now.

Hope your assessment went well today ... I had a review a while ago and was very nervous about the outcome. But it was fine. The assessor seemed more civilized than the one I got in 2017 and the DWP took less time to make their decision. Or maybe I explained things better... But I doubt it, because I didn't care what the assessor thought this time, if she had disagreed with me I would definitely have appealed without hesitation and so been seen by intelligent assessors at extra expense to the DWP.

Hi biscuit I didn’t think it went too well today I really started to flag towards the end felt emotionally tired and mentally exhausted and just seemed to be agreeing with things at the end but guess I will find out in good time I just can’t believe it lasted over a hour and a half..