Thread: Jobcentre Plus

Jobcentre Plus

A friend has just received a message on his journal saying he failed to attend a work coach meeting , he never received any previous message to attend so this is really bizarre . It has been re scheduled for 2 weeks time .
    I thought Jobcentre Plus were still closed atm ?

Anyone know if this is a mistake or have they started work coach sessions ?

They are open my son has an appointment on thurs at the job centre he has just claimed UC and his first appointment was over the phone but this one is face to face his job coach said he wouldn't need to go to the job centre every fortnight.
    Last edited by Toby123; 06-10-20 at 11:48.

Ok thanks Toby . I had no idea they’d been open , I suppose that means face to face will resume very soon .

If he is on UC then the message to attend should have been on his journal (and not by a letter).

They have been open (but the doors locked) all throughout lockdown for urgent cases.

They have now started doing 'regular' appointments again.
    The jobcentre staff are not happy about this as they say there is not enough distancing and PPE being provided to keep them, and claimants, safe from possible infection.
    80% of union members voted fro industrial action about it.
    https://www.pcs.org.uk/department-fo...sions-from-dwp
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

It wasn’t by letter nukecad , he just received a message on his journal today saying he failed to attend and they’ve rescheduled for 2 weeks time , but there was no initial message to attend so I told him if he didn’t receive any message there’s absolutely nothing they can do as it wasn’t on his journal.

Has he checked his email (spam box) or texts, just in case they sent it like that?

But as long as it's been rescheduled then I wouldn't worry about it.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Ok , thanks nukecad . I’ll mention to him to check his spam box.

Are they all now open? this is the first time i am hearing about this, my last appointment was on the phone and i have one arranged for next week on the phone also, if they tell me at my next phone appointment that i have to start attending appointments then I've no idea what i will do as i can't go out at the moment due not being able to walk very far and due to my anxiety. its not even debatable for me my anxiety is so bad at the moment that going to the job center would be more distressing than being left without any income. i won't be arguing with them, ill just have to accept what ever happens, i am guessing they will sanction me and possibly eventually stop my claim? I am still waiting for a decision on my UC50 that i sent back 6 weeks ago. Great another thing to worry about now.