Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ESA Video Assessments

ESA Video Assessments

I have read that they are trialling video assessments.

How is this going to work for people don't have a computer or smartphone?

If they can't make a paper based decision then you would have to wait until a F2F can be done. Because ESA is ongoing & has no end date just a prognosis date which is a guide to when you should be reassessed then you will continue to be paid until a F2F can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by StarBright View Post
    If they can't make a paper based decision then you would have to wait until a F2F can be done. Because ESA is ongoing & has no end date just a prognosis date which is a guide to when you should be reassessed then you will continue to be paid until a F2F can be done.
    This refers to Video assessments, not telephone assessments.

This is something new they are trying, it is 'fit for work' assessments.
    Last edited by DaPa; 07-10-20 at 13:43.

If you don't have the equipment then obviously you couldn't have a video assessment.

I believe the video trial is for PIP assessments and not for WCAs.
    In the end a video call is just a glorified telephone assessment with pictures so comes under the same rules as a telephone assessment.

You can only be found fit-for-work following a 'Face to Face' WCA/examination, to change that they would have to change the law.
    'Face to Face' does not include over a video link.

In reality there are currently only two decisions that can be made following a telephone/video WCA, neither one could reduce or stop your money:
    1. Support Group.
    2. Wait for a face to face.
    Last edited by nukecad; 07-10-20 at 14:04.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

This is from a well trusted site:

PIP AND ESA VIDEO ASSESSMENT TRIALS BEGIN
    The Work and Pensions Committee was told last week that Maximus have begun trialling how to do fit for work decisions by video.

In addition, 500 claimants are being selected to have their PIP assessment video recorded.

We know that many of you will be deeply unhappy with the idea of video assessments.

Some will find the experience of talking on camera provokes considerable anxiety.

Others will have concerns about data protection, given that a copy of the video is likely to be saved on a server by the DWP.

At the moment it is not clear whether claimants will have the option to refuse to have a video assessment and be able to insist on a telephone one instead. We’ll keep you posted.

Meanwhile, if any of our readers is subject to a video assessment we’d love to hear from you.

Your thread title reads:

ESA video assessments

So what I wrote is correct if you don't have the equipment & they can't make a decision on your ESA award on paper then you have to wait for a F2F appointment because ESA is an ongoing award you will still be paid until they do the F2F.

For PIP

if you don't have the equipment you can't do it. What the consequences are I don't know I'm guessing normal phone assessment without video or extending your award for 6 months at a time until a F2F can be done

Could you tell us what this 'well trusted sute' is, is it B&W ?

B&W posted this 3 days ago:
    https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/ne...s-have-started

As reported there John Paul Marks said (my underlining):
    “For video, CHDA has started trialling how to do fit for work decisions by video, so we’re starting that now.

“For PIP we’re trying to also test doing video assessments for about 500 customers.
    So to translate the DWP speak:
    • They are only just looking at the possiblity of doing video WCAs.
    • They do want to try trial video PIP assessments with claimants.
    Nowhere does any of the full reply say that anyone is having any video assessments yet.

TBH that looks like a slip of the tongue by Mr Marks and he meant to say 'Work Capability Assessments' and not 'fit for work decisions'. - CHDA do not make decisions, they carry out Work Capability Assessments.
    (It all looks like more of the usual government/DPW bulls**t to try and give the impression that they are actually doing something).

The video and transcript of the meeting with the Works and Pensions Committee where this is reported from can be found here:
    https://committees.parliament.uk/eve...dence-session/
    This video assessment question is question 225 on pages 9/10 of the transcript.
    Last edited by nukecad; 07-10-20 at 15:24.

Covids not going away & they must have a huge backlog already I guess they have realised this & seeing if video calls would work I can't see why they wouldn't because they can watch your every movement by video call just as well as a F2F in a centre or your home

It is in the B&W latest newsletter.

They are not going to see my neurological or cardiac conditions over a video (unless I throw an eppy or have a cardiac arrest during the video call), at a F2F they can at least feel my (very irregular) pulse.