Thread: Universal Credit

Universal Credit

Hi everyone , does anyone know if your universal credit date falls on a Monday will it be paid in the Friday before ? Or will it just go in on the Sunday eve ( I normally always get it paid in 10pm the day before the payment date.

It will only be paid on Friday if the Monday happens to be a bank holiday.

https://www.gov.uk/universal-credit/how-youre-paid
    After the first payment, you’ll be paid on the same date of every month.

If your payment date is on a weekend or a bank holiday you’ll usually be paid on the working day before.
    Re the 10 PM payment -
    Technically the transfer to your account should happen at 00.00 on the specified date.
    Obviously the banks can't do them all at exactly 00:00, millions of transactions take time even when done automatically by a computer.
    So some banks will start the transfer process a few hours earlier to make sure the money is in your account at 00:00.
    Other banks only start at 00:00 and it may be an hour or two before the money is credited to your account.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Ok thanks nukecad, hope you’re keeping safe during this madness .

Quote Originally Posted by Pau View Post
    Ok thanks nukecad, hope you’re keeping safe during this madness .
    This is a banking issue rather than a DWP issue. Different banks do things differently. I know Santander pay you 9PM - 11PM day before your payday. Nationwide usually pay you on payday, though uncommon, sometimes funds have been made available as early as Sunday evening.. Barclays have paid me on Friday for a payment due monday.. So yeah, it largely depends on the bank.

Oh thx Chris , I thought this coz I’m sure I’d had a payment before on a Friday for a Monday payment date and it wasn’t a BH. Anyway I got my payment yesterday at 10pm so all good , was just thinking I’d had to call them up but no need .