Thread: Carers Allowance when living at different address

Carers Allowance when living at different address

Hi everyone

A friend has asked me the following question so hope someone can answer as follow.

Is it allowed for someone who wants to claim CA is living at a different address to the person they will care for?

The potential Carer lives about 3-4 miles away from the address where the “person to be cared for” lives but is happy to travel.

Just wanted some clarification on the above please.

Thank you.

I see no problem with your request. The carer does not have to live with the person they are claiming CA for.

Thank you for the clarification.

Regards

They don't have to live at the same address but as for how far away they are allowed to live I don't know.I can't see DWP allowing someone who lives miles and miles away being a carer.
    Check on the Gov web site or google carers allowance and it should tell you.

I know of someone who had CA for her mother who lived 50 miles away. She was forever chasing up the motorway.