Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PIP Renewal Letter Received 4 days ago.

PIP Renewal Letter Received 4 days ago.

Just here looking for some advice please (apologies if we have covered this before).

Hi.My current PIP claim will expire around the end of January 2022..It says that if i still need help with daily living or mobility needs i have to call a phone number (number provided).Interestingly,i have read the letter twice and it does not give me a deadline date for when i can apply to continue my claim (or is it classed as a fresh claim?).Strange that no cut off point is given.

The questions i have are as follows.

1.Is it best to get make this phone call sooner rather than later??...I know Christmas/New Year is coming but the end of January is some way away.Maybe i could call them around the 5th Jan time?

2.What can i expect during this phone call?...Is this phone call in effect a PIP interview that would previously have been carried out face-to-face?....Will i be ambushed and bombarded with a whole raft of difficult questions there and then ??..What will i need at hand/how do i prepare for this call?

3.Does anyone have any idea of success/failure rates of these phone based assessments (if this is indeed what it is)?..because i am,like many others,obviously worried about this.

Thanks

They have been extending PIP award end dates due to covid.
    But that has been for awards that were due to end in the following month - and Jan 2022 is a while off.

To answer one question all PIP renewals are actually a new PIP claim just with (usually) less fuss.

I do know that they are looking at PIP claims to see if they can can change 'end date' awards to ongong/indefinite awards. (Nothing to do with covid it's something they started doing it before that).

If your current award is to 2022 then it may be that you are being considered for that.

On the other hand if you meant January 2021 then it may be a telephone assessment for a renewal of your award, they have started doing those again.
    Last edited by nukecad; 30-10-20 at 22:50.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Hi Nukecad..My current award is due to end in late Jan 2021 NOT 2022.Sorrr for the confusion.

"Sorry" for the confusion

The wording of the letter makes it sound like a brief little chat and the term "telephone assessment" is not used,but i am sure you are correct.I was wondering what i should expect from said assessment.

Thanks again
    Last edited by jw68; 31-10-20 at 08:38.

It does sound as if it may be a telephone assessment then, although it doesn't seem that clear I'd assume that it is to be on the safe side and be prepared.

There are a few threads about PIP telephone assessments on here, try this one which has weblinks to more info (although it may be slightly out of date, things have been changing fast during covid):
    https://www.youreable.com/forums/sho...ight=telephone

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    It does sound as if it may be a telephone assessment then, although it doesn't seem that clear I'd assume that it is to be on the safe side and be prepared.

There are a few threads about PIP telephone assessments on here, try this one which has weblinks to more info (although it may be slightly out of date, things have been changing fast during covid):
    https://www.youreable.com/forums/sho...ight=telephone
    Thanks for that nuke.Although my current award is due to run out at the back end of Jan '21,is it possible that the DWP will suspend my award earlier than that,if i "fail" the telephone assessment?...With that in mind,is it best that i do not contact the DWP until as late as possible?/...

Thanks again

Unless the letter says that you "have to" contact them then personally I'd wait to see what they send next.

But that is me.

The DWP have recently been told by a high judgement (it was about ESA assessment letters) that any letter that requires you to do something have to be very clear/specific that it is required.

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    Unless the letter says that you "have to" contact them then personally I'd wait to see what they send next.

But that is me.

The DWP have recently been told by a high judgement (it was about ESA assessment letters) that any letter that requires you to do something have to be very clear/specific that it is required.
    The letter does not say that i have to contact them personally,Nuke..The letter says that i should contact them if i "still need help"(want to continue claiming PIP)....It also says that if i do not need any more help then i should do nothing.

I feel that this will be the first,and last,letter i receive from them.

Cheers.

Just an idea that might help make what is being asked of you clearer jw68, do you think you could type out what the letter actually say's taking out your personal details?

Because at the moment Nuke is kind of guessing what the letter means where if you typed out exactly what the letter says then Nuke would have a better idea what the letter is actually asking you to do

Quote Originally Posted by jw68 View Post
    .It also says that if i do not need any more help then i should do nothing.
    I'd say that is the answer then, do nothing and ignore the letter unless you think that you need more help.

I'm guessing here - but it sounds like the telephone equavalent of an AR1 short renewal form which just asks if anything has changed.
    If not then they will give the same PIP award again.